• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKCRS claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCRS claim

Hi there,

I've been contacted by UKCRS on behalf of my former employer, I was suspended from work for a few incidents involving cash loss (there's no CCTV of the incidents) I originally got suspended for the incidents and from there I was dismissed, not really fussed about that but the claim I've received is for £2000? The incidents amount to around £400 I believe, but I got a phone call from the company asking me when I was going to pay. I then asked to be sent an email of the letter as I haven't received it. And they have my address down as wrong, so they have no way of contacting me? Should I leave it, they said I have 14 days to pay(in order for me to pay this, I'd have to take a loan out so isn't really feasible) please any advice would be great!

thanks
    L x
    Tags: None

Re: UKCRS claim

Is this a civil recovery claim ? Is it actually a court claim or a letter ?
    It is likely to be claiming the money back plus their costs of dealing with the incident.
    Did you agree as part of your dismissal to repay the money ?
    Were the police involved at all ?

http://www.ukcrs.com/

Other threads:

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...-notice-letter
    http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...olutions-claim

Example letter - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...0&d=1365172713

I'll move you down to the Civil Recovery Forum
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've attached a copy of the letter I've received. I didn't agree to anything and was not fully notified that I have been dismissed as they do not have my address. No police involvement as far as I know. As I said they offered no CCTV or proof to show I did this

thanks
      L
      Attached Files

Comment

hi,

thanks for getting back to me, i replied below!

L
        x

Comment

I would have expected them to use a different letter for an 'employee theft' claim but seems the same, just higher amounts ? Is the Claim Value higher than the amount to settle ?
          Is your employer a 'shop' ?

Ah they have added a line at the end of the first paragraph... good effort.

example > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...1&d=1494852009
          Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd August 2017, 13:16:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi,

yes its reduced by roughly 200 pound, and yes it's a high street discount retailer. any advice on what I should do?

L x

Comment

Personally I'd ignore it.

As an employee claim potentially though I might be ready to respond to the next letter with a request for a full breakdown of the amounts they are requesting. We had a case a couple months back where it did go to court, but they discontinued as they couldn't evidence any of the sums they were claiming, or the alleged theft at all, so we should really pre-empt that - but I would still wait and see if CRS do make a further move.

Have you actually heard anything from your ex-employer regarding recovery of the money that they allege was taken ? Of course there is the question of did you take the #400 ? Was any agreement made when you went through disciplinary process about repayment?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

okay thank you for your help!

I have had no contact about any repayment of the missing money from my ex employer, and no I didnt take the money. I honestly feel like they're trying to bully me into paying it, don't really want to part with almost 2000 for something I haven't done. There was no discussion of repayment whatsoever. I'll keep you updated. However they can't contact me via the post so I imagine I wouldn't hear anything

thanks
                L x

Comment

There are a couple other threads around, not sure what's happening with one of them where they're trying to claim something insane like #70k following an approx #3k theft, but another one where theft was alleged and not proven, they did try to go to court but discontinued as they couldn't evidence any of the costs alleged, or the actual alleged theft.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X