• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group CCJ Ignoring me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group CCJ Ignoring me

Hi, I am new to this forum but after many sleepless nights due to PRA Group and now do not know what to do.

I received a letter from PRA Group on 9th May 2017 telling me they have purchased an outstanding balance from Barclaycard.

I do not know what the Barclaycard amount relates to and sent a letter back to them on 15th May 2017 requesting information.

I received a second letter on 24th June 2017 simply stating Confirmation of Balance and no further information so I sent another letter on 26th June 2017 again requesting the information.

I then received a County Court Claim Form dated 04th July 2017.

I called PRA Group on 11th July 2017 to ask why I have received this CC Claim against me and why I have not received any information regarding the outstanding account.

I do not remember getting a Barclaycard but after many years of paying some creditors i was so mixed up and due to work and mental health issues I am completely lost with it all and simply wanted to know what this relates to so that I can seek advise and tackle the problem.

The lady at PRA Group I spoke to said no letters had been entered on to the system, she said they would put a hold on the account and CC Claim and look into the complaint and advised me to file a defence with the court.

On 15th July as advised by PRA I entered a defence with the court stating I dispute the claim and have requested on numerous occasions information to allow me to take advice.

On 17th July I received a Letter from PRA Group, dated 11th July 2017, from the complaint handler informing me that the complain is being looked in to and the account is on hold pending the outcome of the investigation.

On 25th July I received a Letter from PRA Group, dated 11th July 2017, from Surjit Gida, Solicitor and Interim Head of Litigation stating they have written to the court to inform them they wish to proceed with the claim against me and "IN THE MEANTIME they have requested information from Barclaycard".

Today 24th July, I have called PRA Group again so ask why I have received 1 letter stating the account is on hold and another stating they wish to proceed with the claim.

Also, the letter telling me they are proceeding with the claim is dated 4 days before I submitted my defence.

Apologies for the overflow of information.

If anyone can help me I will be most grateful as this has really got me worried sick and worn down.

I find it ridiculous that a company can completely ignore me and just take me to court without knowing what it is for.
    Tags: None

Re: PRA Group CCJ Ignoring me

Had you sent a formal CCA request for the agreement / CPR 31.14 request for documents mentioned, or was it just a general 'what the heck is this' letter ? and subsequently does your defence mention the CCA ? Any chance you can post up here what you put as defence, and also the particulars of claim from the claim form pls.

Barclaycard could be Egg possibly? or any number of things really they chop and change so much. ..... PRA don't seem to be particularly good at the backstory to debts, nor ensuring assignment has been done properly ( [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; )so if you haven't requested the agreement formally or asked for copies of documents I would do so now ( you want to try asking for the default notice, deed and notice of assignment as well )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for the reply,
      Yes the letters I sent were just general asking for information. I am useless at anything like this and wish I had not filed a defence now as PRA had advised to do so I just went ahead and did it.

Particulars of claim are:
      The claimant claims the sum of 2273.98 for debt and interest. On 7/8/03 the defendant enetered into an agreement with Barclays Bank PLC for a Credit Card under reference 4xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.
      On 29/8/14 the defendent defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 2199.79. On 17/8/15 the debt of 2199.79 assigned to PRA Group (UK) Ltd. Notices of assignement were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act 1925. Payments of -66.29 receieved up to 25/1/17 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. The sum of 2199.79 2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 25/1/17 to 28/6/17 74.19 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.48 until judgment or sooner payment.

My defence:
      I have received letters from PRA Group to which I have responded
      asking for details of the claimed debt.
      I have also asked over the telephone for the details and
      statements to enable me to seek advice on how to move forward.
      PRA Group have been calling me but when answering it is a recorded
      heard of them, when receiving letters I have responded by post
      requesting information regarding their claimed debt.
      I have sent letters to PRA Group(UK)2 The Cross, Kilmarnock,
      Scotland. KA1 1LR on 26th June 2017 and 15th May 2017 and have not
      received any response.
      I have telephoned PRA Group and have been told no letters had been
      entered on to their system but that they were based in
      Bromley,Kent.
      It had said it states on their letters to write to them in
      Kilmarnock which I have done.
      PRA Group have stated in their letter an outstanding balance but
      have not given me the details to enable me to seek the correct
      advice.
      During the telephone call a lady called Stacey had said she would
      inform the correct department but I have not had any contact to
      inform me when I will receive the requested information.

Comment

When I was struggling with work and health issues I took advice and put debts into a debt management company which went into adminstration and paid them a certain amount of money and they paid out. I really do not know what to do now.
        I had requested the information so that I could be sure the debt was infact due as I do not remember a barclycard, nerver heard of PRA but once I had the information I could seek advice and take action to pay off any due money.

Comment

Don't worry it will be fine, just having a read of your defence xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I've removed the full number but the first 6 digts do indicate it was a barclaycard.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay Don't worry it says what you need to say for now, if this does progress you might need to amend the defence though.

First job while you wait to hear from the court with a Directions Questionnaire ( which is a good time to amend ) you should send a couple of letters off;

This one should go to PRA CCA Request Letter || This is the most important one ....
              This one should go to their solicitors ( named on the claim form?) CPR 31.14 Request Letter
              and can ask for the agreement, notice of assignment ... and default notice ( they haven't really mentioned the notice but ask for it anyway )
              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; how would you normally stick the request for deed of assignment in? the CPR 31.14 or in a Part 18 ?

and don't take advice from PRA - they are acting in their own interests not yours.

Who was the Debt Management company you were with ? ( just out of interest )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for the reply and information.

I have felt completely worn out with this and alone as I have nobody to turn to.

I will sent the letters out, the solicitor mention on the claim for is Surjit Gida who works at PRA. Do I send the letters together and recorded delivery as they have ignored my previous letters stating not received.

The Debt Management Company were Debt Release Direct who took over from a previous company that I forget the name of now.

Thank you so much once again!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X