• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group CCJ Ignoring me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group CCJ Ignoring me

Hi, I am new to this forum but after many sleepless nights due to PRA Group and now do not know what to do.

I received a letter from PRA Group on 9th May 2017 telling me they have purchased an outstanding balance from Barclaycard.

I do not know what the Barclaycard amount relates to and sent a letter back to them on 15th May 2017 requesting information.

I received a second letter on 24th June 2017 simply stating Confirmation of Balance and no further information so I sent another letter on 26th June 2017 again requesting the information.

I then received a County Court Claim Form dated 04th July 2017.

I called PRA Group on 11th July 2017 to ask why I have received this CC Claim against me and why I have not received any information regarding the outstanding account.

I do not remember getting a Barclaycard but after many years of paying some creditors i was so mixed up and due to work and mental health issues I am completely lost with it all and simply wanted to know what this relates to so that I can seek advise and tackle the problem.

The lady at PRA Group I spoke to said no letters had been entered on to the system, she said they would put a hold on the account and CC Claim and look into the complaint and advised me to file a defence with the court.

On 15th July as advised by PRA I entered a defence with the court stating I dispute the claim and have requested on numerous occasions information to allow me to take advice.

On 17th July I received a Letter from PRA Group, dated 11th July 2017, from the complaint handler informing me that the complain is being looked in to and the account is on hold pending the outcome of the investigation.

On 25th July I received a Letter from PRA Group, dated 11th July 2017, from Surjit Gida, Solicitor and Interim Head of Litigation stating they have written to the court to inform them they wish to proceed with the claim against me and "IN THE MEANTIME they have requested information from Barclaycard".

Today 24th July, I have called PRA Group again so ask why I have received 1 letter stating the account is on hold and another stating they wish to proceed with the claim.

Also, the letter telling me they are proceeding with the claim is dated 4 days before I submitted my defence.

Apologies for the overflow of information.

If anyone can help me I will be most grateful as this has really got me worried sick and worn down.

I find it ridiculous that a company can completely ignore me and just take me to court without knowing what it is for.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X