• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Help

there's a £400 limit on it, the balance is about £100

Comment

Okay, yes likely the CCJ has flagged you up as a credit risk - has the account been used regularly or are you just paying off the balance with minimum payments?

Could give them a ring and ask, you will need to sort out paying off the £100 on it anyway. They won't give you full details but might say it;s due to a credit check.

Does the letter cover repaying the debt ? ( they can't just call it in in full without your having breached the terms )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

it's just basically an emergency card, i have only had it about 4-5 months. I pay off more than the minimum amount every month.

Comment

Well that's odd then as this CCJ has been on your file since Feb/March, maybe you got it just before the CCJ was registered.

I think best bet is to give them a call and see if they can enlighten you.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

yea that's what i was thinking
            i got this credit card in March/April time.... and the CCJ was put on my file at the end of Feb .... so surely they would have picked up on this before issuing the card anyway.

Comment

maybe you applied end of february as it can take 28 days to get on CRA,

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] I sent my letter to arrow on July 31st. Not heard anything back from them yet. Should I be expecting a reply from them?

Comment

They might only respond to the court ( and copy to you) once a hearing date has been set. I wouldn't wait by the letterbox anyway.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
                    I sent my letter to arrow on July 31st. Not heard anything back from them yet. Should I be expecting a reply from them?
                    Did your letter give them a deadline to respond to your request for them to consent to the set aside in order to avoid a hearing and save costs?

Di

Comment

• Re: CCJ Help

No, no deadline given

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
                        No, no deadline given
                        Ideally you'd have sent them an 'or else' letter with a deadline for response before you file the Application.

You would enclose your Application for the set aside, your WS , draft Defence and draft Consent Order to set aside.

The letter would then say that if they didn't agree to consent to the set aside you would file the Application etc at court.

If your potential Defence was strong you would also ask them to Discontinue the claim at the same time.

Di

Comment

Yes I enclosed a coy of my N244 application form, my witness statement and a draft order.
                          Can I PM you a copy of the letter i sent them?

Comment

That was the original plan Di, but then it was found it had already gone for enforcement by bailiff so the application went in to put the warrant on hold.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I thought the Warrant was for a different address - where the OP wasn't living.

Di

Comment

I have had no correspondence about any bailiff action at my current address. But when I phoned the court they said the case was out for bailiff action. So yes this must have been at my old address, the same address where all the letters about this CCJ have gone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X