• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Help

Yes to draft order, yes to witness statement. Have a look at the examples and have a bash.

You might be on hold to the court for a while, so can be typing as you listen to their soothing music
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok I shall give this a go, again do you mind if I private message you with what I come up with? it probably won't be for about an hour or so

Comment

Course, take your time on it Lots of examples about the place to help. Don't try and talk like a lawyer either xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
          Regarding the solicitors, it does not say this either, do I need to know that? if so, how do I go about finding it?
          I asked in case they are still on record as acting (at court) in which case you may need to approach them.

I would also be very careful not to admit the debt in any letter you write to anyone at this stage. Pick your words carefully.

If the POC refer to a "contract" and not specifically to an overdraft then don't give them any clues.

Di

Comment

sorry, what is a POC?

On my credit report it just says 'current account' and does not specifically mention an overdraft.

Amethyst has kindly agreed to read over my statement but yes I will make sure I choose my words wisely

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
              sorry, what is a POC?

On my credit report it just says 'current account' and does not specifically mention an overdraft.

Amethyst has kindly agreed to read over my statement but yes I will make sure I choose my words wisely

Thanks
              Credit reports and in particular the free ones do not always get the right type of account. I have had credit cards called bank accounts and credit cards called store cards . I am not sure about current accounts called anything else but it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Ha ha okay.

Claim No. - what is the reference on your credit report? should be something like AP12345C if its the claim number. It might be worth giving Northampton Court a call and asking them the claim ref and claimant / sols details as you have just found the judgment on your file and have no idea what it is so wish to apply to set it aside.

Telephone 0300 123 1056

Telephone 01604 619 400

Order requested

An order that judgment be set-aside pursuant to CPR 13.3 and the Defendant be able to defend the claim. The claim was issued to an incorrect address and was not received by the Defendant. The Defendant contends the alleged debt to be statute barred by virtue of the Limitations Act 1980.

neither of these numbers seem to work, the line makes a few noises and then cuts off. is there another number?

Comment

The solicitors are shoosmiths

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Course, take your time on it Lots of examples about the place to help. Don't try and talk like a lawyer either xxx

I have sent you over my witness statement
                    Cheers

Comment

so i have managed to get through to the courts, and they said that this has now gone to bailiff action :|

again I have received no letters what so ever about this.

They have sent this to my old address again, does this mean that the bailiffs will be attending my old address and not my current address?

They cannot just turn up at my actual address without telling me, can they?

Comment

Okay, so they have already gone to enforcement - they may have sent letters to your old address. So we need to get the application into court asap. Maybe ( if finances allow) just go straight to court and inform Arrow you have done so and that it would still be good if they consented to save a hearing.

You'll need to add on the application to suspend the warrant.

I'll have a look at the witness statement.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

My concern is if i go to arrow with these forms, they will have my new address, and so send the bailiffs here.

Am i right in thinking that the bailiffs cannot attend my current address with serviing me with some kind of notice to my current address?

So should i do this:

1) Submit the N244, draft order and witness statement to the court and pay the £250
                          2) Contact arrow to say that i have done the above but still ask them to back me up in setting aside the ccj

Where do i mention suspending the warrant?

Thanks

Comment

should i amend my witness statement to take out the part where i say i contacted Arrow for their consent of the set aside? Or still leave it in if i am going straight to the court?
                            also if i am going straight to the court, do i need to change anything on the draft order?

Comment

Please someone help
                              [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] if you are still online

Comment

Yip xx just sorting some tea and I'll be back xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X