• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fistral Beach, Newquay SMART PARKING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fistral Beach, Newquay SMART PARKING

Hello everyone.

I'm fairly sure this will be an old problem for you all.

Basically, i have received the classic £60 fine (£100 after 14 days) for over staying by about 40 mins. I'm reluctant to pay such an extortionate amount as this seems somewhat unreasonable--more loan shark than traffic warden!

Is there a process by which I need to adhere? I have not contacted the company 'SMART PARKING' as i'm fairly sure this would be utterly pointless given they'd be at liberty to bully me to act in their favour (also don't want to admit who was driving). I'm not unreasonable: i'm acutely aware I went over my paid time (i bought two hours worth but went over time for various reasons) but something about this doesn't seem fair to me. Oh, also because I've been away, the 14 days discount has expired, which made me laugh quite a lot.

Any advice is gratefully received as £100 is rather a lot of money to me.

Moon
    Tags: None

Re: Fistral Beach, Newquay SMART PARKING

Have you got anywhere with this? There seem to be a few around at the moment, both here and PePiPoo. Parking control is by ANPR and it has been noted that the cameras are actually pointing outside of the car park and onto public road. The period of parking is not the time between the cameras and hunting around for a space is not parking, as determined by 2 court cases.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X