• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No notice to keeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No notice to keeper

Morning

Am due in court soon and reading through their witness statements there is no notice to keeper. I never received one either.
    would this be enough for a judge to cancel a ticket?
    Tags: None

Re: No notice to keeper

Also having read through the claim form in the particulars of claim they have stated 'the driver' where there is no proof I was the driver

Comment

Hi Noah14, welcome to LB

It may be that the parking co/sols are not relying of PoFA.

Have you ID'd the driver (at the relevant time) at any stage?
      If not, are you confident of the Elliot v Loake, CPS v AJH Films arguments?
      How would you answer if the Judge asked "Were you the driver?" (It has been known for this to happen).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I didn't know there was an outstanding ticket as although they have photos with the ticket on the car it wasn't there when I entered the vehicle.

10 months had passed between the date of the incident and the first debt recovery letter so I have absolutely no idea who the driver was!!

Comment

So don't write posts that infer who the driver was (#4)!!

Have you kept any documents at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Noah14 View Post
            I didn't know there was an outstanding ticket as although they have photos with the ticket on the car it wasn't there when I entered the vehicle.
            Could be 'ghost ticketing'.
            https://www.driving.co.uk/news/video...ost-ticketing/

10 months had passed between the date of the incident and the first debt recovery letter so I have absolutely no idea who the driver was!!
            Does the Claimant's evidence suggest this?
            If so, I would have thought that they must be aiming for RK/driver presumption. (Unless the driver has been ID'd either directly or by implication).

####
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Even if it is ghost ticketing then the Notice to keeper is required to be delivered before day 56. Without this and with no proof of the driver identity then they cannot hold the keeper liable.

What does the actual Particulars of Claim say?

Comment

We they have sent a solicitor so that's me screwed!

- - - Updated - - -

Particulars state the driver - as for don't infer I honestly don't know who was driving!

- - - Updated - - -

Will I be allowed to state those things to the judge or will I be shutdown by their representative??

Comment

We they have sent a solicitor so that's me screwed!
                  Why so?
                  LiPs are frequently winning cases, & often despite the parking co being legally represented.
                  You just need to know your stuff & bring the official judgements (E v L, CPS v AJH) into court with you.
                  A copy of Henry Greenslade's comments re 'no presumption of keeper liability' wouldn't go amiss, either
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Lost £100 fine £100 costs

Comment

Ahh bugger.... reasons ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Whether it was myself or partner driving was irrelevant as we were aware we had to display a valid permit and as I hadn't they awarded the claimant

Comment

Also mentioned that the ticket was not on the windscreen and no NTK received again he said irrelevant as they had photos proving the ticket was on the car

Comment

Bugger.

Sorry to hear that Noah. Where was the parking ? ( re permit rather than P&D ticket etc ? )

Was it an interesting experience anyway ? ( just looking on the positives )
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Was all over a residential permit, judge refused them interest admin fees and solicitors costs just had to pay the court fees so wasn't all bad!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X