• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services

Good evening,

Just found you're website after looking online for advice, and wondered if anyone could help.
    Today i received a parking charge notice for staying too long at a BP garage near Stansted Airport, 19 minutes longer than allowed. There is a sign saying maximum stay of 30 minutes but ive never noticed it before and im a regular user of the garage.
    The fine is £100 but if paid now its reduced to £60. Seems a bit unfair as a paying customer at the garage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
    Last edited by Sharrp; 25th July 2017, 06:47:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Services

Hi Sharrp, welcome to LB.

Are you saying that the signs are new, or are you saying that you've not noticed them before on previous visits?
    Was there a windscreen ticket?
    Do you still have the Notice to Keeper?
    Have you taken pics of the signage?
    If so, could you post them + the NtK up? (Obscure personal info but leave dates visible).
    Also, never ID who was driving at the time.....it would be wise to edit your post with this in mind.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

The sign is on the entrance to the garage and is quite noticable....now, but you would have to stop in the entrance to read it all which isnt exactly safe with the amount of traffic that passes through this particular garage.
      Assumed being close to an airport the sign was to warn of overnight parking so never paid full attention.

I will return to the garage tonight to take pictures of the signage and post the pics of the fine.

Comment

Are there additional signs within the garage that you could have read? You cannot be expected to read all the details of the small print while the car is moving. Get a phot if you can of the direction of the sign, ie facing the traffic, parallel to the traffic, obscured by trees and bushes.

Comment

Just the one the sign that ive noticed but i will look tonight and take photos

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X