• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request complied with after a year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA request complied with after a year

Dear All
    Would be grateful for your advice and guidance
    Last year, a debt purchaser, issued a claim for over £3,000.
    I filed Defence, seeking info under CCA request and the case was put on hold, according to the firm.
    Now after substantial time they have come back, posted out docs which appear to be:
    a. copy of agreement for credit card with a one of the major four banks together
    b. some ts and cs
    c. Table showing interest and charges and purchases. I haven't seen anything regarding insurance etc and not sure if relevant.
    They say that they can proceed with seeking judgment, but open to set up payment arrangment and to get in touch with their firm of solicitors.
    I've acknowledged receipt and have said will go back to them.
    Should I just give up and offer an instalment arrangment or challenge them?
    I can't claim time barred, as I think some payments or at least instalment arrangements were made previously.
    They trade under three very similar names.
    The claim was issued under a name the authorisation of which by the Regulator has now lapsed.
    1. Can they still resurrect the same claim, even though that name is no longer authorised?
    2. Have they breached any rules that is worth mentioning to them, by coming back so late?
    3. Can I have their claim dismissed?
    4. Should I request copy of details of assignment or proof of ownership of debt?
    5. what relevance do ss 136 & 196 of LPA 1925 have?
    6. Does s. 82 (a) of cca 74 help?
    7. Given that they have purchased the debt, is it even worth asking for copies of Termination and Default notices? Very Grateful for any assistance. Thank you very much indeed.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X