Thread: Bank smart threat

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Angry Bank smart threat

Good morning

A couple of years ago I responded to a no win no fee add for ppi. I initially sent them a list of companies names. From this point they sent me letters to sign and asked for more info to which I never responded and also have never signed anything. Yesterday I got a signed for letter, stupidly I signed for it . Bank smart have told me if I don't pay 750.00 the next letter I will get is from the court. Help what do I do. I've never responded to anything other than the first list.

Appreciate some advice here.

Lou

Site Owner

Mentions
    1821 Post(s)

Default Re: Bank smart threat

Quote Originally Posted by 2213 View Post
    Good morning

A couple of years ago I responded to a no win no fee add for ppi. I initially sent them a list of companies names. From this point they sent me letters to sign and asked for more info to which I never responded and also have never signed anything. Yesterday I got a signed for letter, stupidly I signed for it . Bank smart have told me if I don't pay 750.00 the next letter I will get is from the court. Help what do I do. I've never responded to anything other than the first list.

Appreciate some advice here.

Lou
    Would you have a copy of what you sent them or remember anything more?
    How did you send them the list of companies - was it completing a form ? Did it involve a signature at all ?

They seem to have had terms of engagement initially then sent out the letters of authority. The contract may have been formed with the first response.

How have they broken down the £750 they are asking for ? It's quite a low amount ( in comparison to some we've seen) so is it their commission on a successful claim you made yourself ( but that was on your initial list?) or is it a 'cancellation' work done so far type breakdown?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com