• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice Wrong Registration Entered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice Wrong Registration Entered

I received a parking charge notice from parking eye 13/7/2017.

I appealed to them as I have a valid parking ticket in my possession for the time period in question.

My problem is that I input my car registration in the format ABCDE60 instead of the correct AB60CDE.

I have sent a copy of the ticket to Parking Eye by email in the required format. They have replied on 19/7/2017 offering as a gesture of goodwill and payment of £20 to cancel the notice.

I am reluctant tp pay this as it was a genuine mistake being able to demonstrate I have paid the correct fee for the correct period..

Should I appeal by POPLA and what are my chances of success? The money isnt an issue for me it is a question of principle.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice Wrong Registration Entered

Hi Notts Nomad, welcome to LB.

This lady recently successfully defended a court case for a similar claim.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Notts Nomad View Post
      I received a parking charge notice from parking eye 13/7/2017.

I appealed to them as I have a valid parking ticket in my possession for the time period in question.

My problem is that I input my car registration in the format ABCDE60 instead of the correct AB60CDE.

I have sent a copy of the ticket to Parking Eye by email in the required format. They have replied on 19/7/2017 offering as a gesture of goodwill and payment of £20 to cancel the notice.

I am reluctant tp pay this as it was a genuine mistake being able to demonstrate I have paid the correct fee for the correct period..

Should I appeal by POPLA and what are my chances of success? The money isnt an issue for me it is a question of principle.

Have you got anywhere with your appeal as I have the very same issue and I am loathed to pay the £20 reduced fee as I paid for the parking ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by mynamesbruce View Post
        Have you got anywhere with your appeal as I have the very same issue and I am loathed to pay the £20 reduced fee as I paid for the parking ticket?
        Hi

AfaIk, that was Notts Nomad's one & only post on LB.

Where are you timewise as regards to the alleged contravention?
        When was the parking event?
        Was there a windscreen ticket?
        Have you received a Notice to Keeper?
        If yes, what was the issue date?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X