• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin mobile, false, possibly fraudulent, advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin mobile, false, possibly fraudulent, advertising

I have been with VM for a long time now and I received a letter on Saturday inviting me to an early upgrade to an iPhone 7 while keeping all my current benefits and no up-front costs for £39 per month, please call today and we will upgrade you.
    I decided that this was a good deal and gave them a call. After being transferred twice and having to repeat all the security questions each time (it was transferred to a ringing tone, not transferred with each operator speaking to the next person) I was told that because I had a credit agreement with them already then I didn't qualify for an upgrade unless I paid them £280 and sent back my current phone.
    I read out the entire letter to the operative who promised he'd escalate to a manager and get them to cll me back in 24-48 hours. This didn't happen and I called back on Tuesday and spoke to a manager (at least that's what they told me, with Indian call-centres one can never be sure) and she told me that I didn't qualify for the reasons already stated.
    This, to me, is both false and, possibly, fraudulent advertising as the whole point of an early upgrade is that it is early as stated in their letter.
    Any suggestions on how I can pursue this and get what I've been offered or take legal action against them for the falsehoods they've supplied?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X