• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of assignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of assignment

Hello,

I have received an "apparent" notice of Assignment form Halifax for a Credit card.

I say apparent as I'm not 100% its actually from them as it arrived in an envelope from First credit and although it has the Halifax logo on it there is no outstanding amount listed on it as it says the following:

The total balance was , as at the date of sale 29/06/17.

There is an amount on the 1st credit letter however for all I know they could be making their own figures up.

Just to add as well the Assignment states 1st Credit (finance) limited has purchased the debt, and that 1st credit limited has been appointed by them to manage the account.

I have googled 1st credit (finance) limited to make sure they are a real company with the FCA and it shows their license has lapsed, I'm so confused right now.

Should the Notice of assignment have come from Halifax, as I'm pretty sure First credit have written this letter pretending to be Halifax as the letter looks like a forgery and even has all the same markings as the first credit letter on the sides.

Thanks
    Last edited by goldielox321; 20th July 2017, 10:06:AM. Reason: add more information
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X