• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reported Hardship Settlements from around the interwebby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported Hardship Settlements from around the interwebby

Just a thread to keep a note of settlements found across the various reclaim forums.

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Bank Charges Financial Hardship Disussion
    Halifax bank charges
    I support a single mum who has a bi-polar illness, a claim went in for bank charges several months ago, they refused, so we wrote again claiming hardship, again they refused, at this time all claims where frozen due to court case so we did nothing. 8 weeks ago a letter arrived asking for an income/expenditure form to be filled out, did this and another letter arrived saying no. Then out of the blue a letter arrived offering £1,900+ this is approx 95% of the amount claimed. she is over the moon and has accepted the offer. so dont give up hope. we never phoned did everything by letter.
    I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all advice, template letters etc
    Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer - Legal Beagles
    Abbey bank charges
    I have received a letter and a cheque for £4k from Abbey today and it is now safely deposited into our Barclays account
    Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd August 2008, 20:44:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Reported Hardship Settlements

Financial Hardship Received Part Settlement - The Consumer Forums

Only £240 partial but based on hardship
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi

I have had payouts (well they haven't actually been credited to my account yet but should be this week) from Halifax. They amount to £2944 on one account and £3300 on the other. They decided I met the financial hardship criteria. On the first account they have stated that they will bring the account up to its agreed overdraft limit then put towards any mortgage arrears with them and any surplus will be credited to the current account. The 2nd account they have stated they will bring the account up to its overdraft limit, then pay towards any credit cards arrears with them, then mortgage arrears and any left over to the current account.

I put these on the bank charges success thread.
      have you had a settlement offer from Your bank recently? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi I think this last post was relating to Ex-Spendaholic??

Can she/he please advise which bank these accounts were with and (from reading Moneysavingexpert) I note full payment (and some) was made.

Were these repayments just charges or did they include interest?

If they included interest, was it simple 8% or contractual interest (or anything else)?

Many thanks
        jax

Comment

From what I could see it appears that the Ex-spenda just sent a prelim letter claiming back charges only and not interest.

All seems a bit strange really and proably best taken with a pinch of salt.

Budgie

Comment

Hi

Just want to say a HUGE thankyou for the advice to reclaim charges as have just received all of and more than claimed!!!

halifax
            claimed 1045
            paid 1518

So I guess I missed some when I wrote the letter, have had huge drop in household income so claim was against hardship, but without this site wouldn't have had a clue and the template worked.

thanks again

MSE ---- >MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Bank Charges Success Stories II
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Bank Charges Success Stories II

13 August

well, i always came to this thread to read about the latest results, it always picked me up a bit, gave me that extra bit of hope that someday i might get a result also..I always thought, it would be everybody else adding their results in here, and not me..well, it does make you think that, especially after waiting so long....anyway....today i got my offer from the halifax, i claimed £900, got offered £1059.......so thanx to martin lewis, you are a diamond, and well done and thanx to all those on here , and those yet to come and add an entry....... time for a few beers now.......cheers all
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

ANOTHER HALIFAX ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliotsmum 'can't believe she beat the bankers - Legal Beagles
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi all

Great Thread Ame

Re link in post #3

I put this thread on all of the forums but didn't get much of a responce on any opf them

post #8 on the link give a time line of ex-spendaholic's claim if thats of help to anyone

Lets hope this becomes a very long thread thats full os settlements

Shooter xx
                  Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Today, 6:40 PM #1 meldav
                    MoneySaving Newbie

Halifax OFFER but with STIPULATIONS ??
                    hi there,

i have just been offered the full amount of bank charges, LESS the interest (about £400) it happened within days of my letter stating we were in Finanical Difficulty and enclosed details of Debt and Benefits,

but they say in the letter that i can ONLY have the money IF i agree to pay off an account with them that is overdrawn (and not being used any more) and then to close the account - all of that is FINE with me as i offered to do this in the letter i sent them...

HOWEVER ... Halifax is also telling me that i can only have the £1400 IF IF IF i agree to use the ''change'' to pay off other debets within halifax (we have 2 x Visa's that have gone to collection agency)

it's only £100 difference , but as we are on income support/ disability x 2/carers all/ and have 4 children to support - i dont think that they should be allowed to stipulate where the ''change'' goes ...
                    our washing maching is on the blink and i desperatley need a new one - so was hoping the change could get used there

hope you can help ?
                    mel xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Reported Hardship Settlements from around the interwebby

This week's payouts on MSE

bank : abbey
                      amount claimed : 1200 (or thereabouts)
                      amount recieved 1390 (not complaining)

Bank: HBOS
                      Amount Claimed: £1208
                      Amount Received: £1206!

Bank Halifax
                      Amount Claimed £2100
                      Amount Paid £2511

Bank HBOS
                      Amount Claimed £5000 (charges £6100)
                      Amount Paid: £6493

Bank Halifax
                      Claimed: £4970
                      Paid: £5700

Bank: Halifax
                      Claimed: £2295
                      Received: £2295

Bank: Halifax
                      Claimed: £520
                      Received: £560
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi guys need your help. Just checked my online banking and see I have paid £700 in charges since Aug 2007. Does this come under the hardship rule

Comment

Hi honey, Not alone no, it depends on the rest of your circumstances. If you start up a thread with a few more details then we'll be able to give you a better idea.

Ame
                          xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just received news of the CO-OP having settled OTR on hardship

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ship-case.html

and a Halifax one as well......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-new-post.html
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 3rd October 2008, 19:55:PM. Reason: added a link

Comment

Yorkshire Bank - £1780 refunded on a £7000 claim.

MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1#post15904323

Charges Hardship agreed with Yorkshire Bank !!
                              Hi all

My bank charges claim with Yorkshire Bank (Clydesdale) has been on hold like everybody elses but i contacted them to inform them of my financial hardship on early September 08.After the 8 week period the bank agreed i fit the criteria and informed me that an offer would be made to assist with this.

My claim amount is over £7,000 so i was really relieved when i found out that they would help by offering a part payment.

I got the cheque yesterday and its for only £1,780.00. Whilst im glad to have that money at this point (christmas etc) i was really gutted to find it was such a small amount given the high claim value.

I am now in 2 minds, should i accept this offer and wait til the courts rule with the hope that i will get the rest (the bank agree that i am still ok to claim the rest if the court rules in my favour) or should i take this to the FOS and ask them to step in ?.

If i use the FOS will it lead to a bigger offer amount or will they simply say that the bank have done what they should by offering me £1,780 ?.

I have read that others have had offers which are much higher and am dissapointed that YB have only offered such a small amount.

Dont get me wrong im glad something has happened but at the moment i have more going out that coming in, YB agree that im in hardship and in my opinion should have helped me more !!!!

I would like honest opinions / professional advice where possible please. Id like to put the cheque into my bank next week so i can use it over xmas but want to wait and see what everyone on here says before i do incase i make a mistake accepting this low offer.

Thanks in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X