• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Served with Claim from UK Car Park Management vs Gtoms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Served with Claim from UK Car Park Management vs Gtoms

Hi

I am looking for some legal advice please.

I recently received a letter from the county court in Northampton suggesting that CPM were threatening me with court through their solicitors Gladstones.

It all began in November 2016 when I was parking where I had always parked for work and one day started receiving letters on a daily basis with a picture of my car parked in the industrial estate. Of course, after the first letter I has stopped parking there, but this is somewhere I had parked for a year prior to getting any letters (I didn't notice any signs stating that I couldn't park there, however, these signs are now present). The PCN's that were issued were subsequently ignored as I felt that this was just a threat and an attempt to scare me into paying the company money, however, seems that they are now taking it a step further...What should I do with this? I have submitted an AON as of yesterday and drafted the following letter as found on website, I don't fancy paying a massive bill and feel its quite unfair that I parked in this place for over a year and all of a sudden they start sending me speculative invoices.

Please find attached PoC and letter I am going to send to Gladstones later.

Kind regards

Gareth
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GToms; 20th July 2017, 14:05:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Served with Claim from UK Car Park Management vs Gtoms

You are asking for documents "mentioned in your statement of case". There are no documents mentioned.

Have you got your original Notice to Keeper, the original letter you received? How about some photos of the signs? Who does the acr park belong to, perhaps your work?

These are not fines, they are speculative invoices.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response Ostell.

I guess what I'm referring to is the evidence that they hold against me. Could you provide any guidance on what the letter should say?

I no longer hold the original notice to keeper. I can take some photos later and I will upload them. Originally, the industrial estate had a few different businesses on until a college opened up nearby and then the buildings were subsequently taken over by the college.

Thanks

Gareth

Comment

Hi all

Please find attached parking sign...and the place where parking usually took place.

Kind regards

Gareth
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I have now submitted my defense. What is the likelihood that they will drop the charges or are they likely to fight it all the way? Has anyone else had any dealings with Gladstone?

Would it be beneficial for me to post my defense up here?

Cheers

Gareth

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X