• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Help

Hi

Hope someone can help, I am wanting to VT my HP agreement. I have been told by black horse that I can do it but they are asking for the remainder of the gap insurance and extended warranty which amounts to About £889. If I don't pay it they will pass my debt on and and put a default against my name.

After reading my agreement it seems the above was included and forms part of the total sum payable, of which I have now payed half of. Am I right in thinking this is just scare tactics and that I should just send in the letter cancelling, as per template and maybe also explain that I don't accept responsibility for the sums they are asking for?
    Many Thanks
    Dave
    Tags: None

Re: VT Help

I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and know for sure, but I was under the impression that Gap and Extended warranty were insurance products anyway, and could therefore be cancelled and refunds issued (I did this with a GAP policy I had in the past). But you should read over your GAP and Extended Warranty documentation to see how to cancel these products to be sure.

However, as I recall, if they make up the total amount payable, they then should be treated as you say anyway, to my knowledge.

Comment

Re: VT Help

Originally posted by xs2man View Post
      I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and know for sure, but I was under the impression that Gap and Extended warranty were insurance products anyway, and could therefore be cancelled and refunds issued (I did this with a GAP policy I had in the past). But you should read over your GAP and Extended Warranty documentation to see how to cancel these products to be sure.

However, as I recall, if they make up the total amount payable, they then should be treated as you say anyway, to my knowledge.
      Hi

Many thanks for your reply, I think they are trying to pull the wool firmly over my eyes. Us poor uninformed folk that they love to con out of money. I will be questioning what they say and will send in my letter of VT.
      Dave

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X