• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Falsely accused but should I resign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused but should I resign

I am a manager in current company and have been falsely accused of race discrimination.

Any advice on what i can or should do? I am so stressed about this, this is made up, malicious and not just a misunderstanding I cant comprehend that people do this when there are real victims out there.
    Last edited by Fillyourlifewithlove; 15th July 2017, 23:23:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Falsely accused but should I resign

Has the company actually started any investigation or formal disciplinary process yet?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Only Just happened last Friday - dates, interviews are being arranged. My team is diverse and never any issues in many years.

This person is failing at their job and going through disciplinary so I assume this is the motive for the allegation. There is no evidence at all because this is untrue.

I just don't think this is right why should I suffer and this person is claiming protection which I don't understand and this is made falsely. Head people at work say I can't be off or shouldn't resign as I may look guilty but I'm not? I would stamp out any of this type of behaviour if someone really was victimised but I have actually become the victim.

Sorry of this sounds over -reactive. I am at a loss what I could do other than just leave? I suppose I just have to show my good reputation and go through the motions but it is killing me with stress.

Comment

It must be really tough. If you believe there is no evidence then any investigation carried out should prove this point.

Who instigated the disciplinary on the person was it you as the manager?
        If so is the person alleging the disciplinary is being motivated by race discrimination or is it something totally unrelated?
        If it was an unrelated incident I would suggest that you start to put together your own notes of exactly what happened including place, time date, what was said etc. and whether there were any witnesses.
        Are you still being allowed to work?

Sorry about the barrage of questions but it will help with any support we can give.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you so much for your time Ula. Yes the person is stating motivated by racial hatred . Can show evidence and genuine work reasons for the meetings and warning issued. The factor of race is not relevant at all.

I do understand that some people may feel or perceive this if they have experienced this in the past maybe working elsewhere but I am conscious to treat all equally and fairly and quite often roll my sleeves up to the work myself. I can work with genuine misunderstanding as I would hate anyone to ever feel this way. It is just what they have done, how they have done it and it's clearly false.

It is a really big thing to the company who are worried about defending a claim of this sort. I am not sure it will ever get that far - as nothing to go on? Certainly not to do with discrimination.

This is having a massive impact on my health, knocked confidence and brought my credibility into question. Yes am working because I have kept my cool, taken a step back and remained professional throughout, I would expect good conduct from my team and lead by example. I am keen to clear my name but I have become really unwell quite quickly due to the claims. I will know more later this week what the next phase will be.

Comment

I have to assume that your company will follow all the correct procedures in regard to the disciplinary matter and that other managers are dealing with the process as it would not be correct, given the allegations made against you, for you to deal with it any further.

Until you know how they are going to proceed in dealing the allegation, although I know it must be really difficult, you just need to carry on as you appear to be doing already in a really professional manner and try to limit any interaction with this person. If you do have to interact with them, then make sure it is in the presence of a third party.

We will be here when you have any further news.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X