• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ to set aside or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ to set aside or not?

If I did ask PRA to consent to setting it aside I am not sure of the etiquette in contacting their Litigation Department.
    Would I request it based just on the address issue and point out the fact that it had been queried by the registry trust or would I also state the grounds I would defend the claim?

Comment

Maybe [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] can help. Don't want to confuse things

Comment

Thank you for your help, it is all really appreciated. Even just to know someone is reading the posts with empathy is a great boost.

Comment

Just to let you know, weekends do tend to be quiet because most people ( I am not one of them) also have lives :-)

I do feel your pain - I have just had an email from my solicitor regarding a claim I am fighting

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by annunaki View Post
              If I did ask PRA to consent to setting it aside I am not sure of the etiquette in contacting their Litigation Department.
              Would I request it based just on the address issue and point out the fact that it had been queried by the registry trust or would I also state the grounds I would defend the claim?
              It is always a good thing to offer the opponents a chance to consenting to the setting aside of a ccj, however you would i think need to show them that you have a defence to the claim unless you have a mandatory set aside under CPR rule 13.2.

PRA may be happy to draft a consent order if you are able to agree terms with them, but like i said i think you really need to set out all of the grounds you have for fighting this case going forward so you can show that there is a real prospect of success in defending the claim.

This will be helpful if you do have to app;ly to the Court.

Also it may be worth offering the PRA group the refund of the Court fee that they will have paid entering judgment, it may be the sweetner they need to agree to set aside if they arent left out of pocket.
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you for the response pt2537. I read with care, and see your point about court costs.
                I will draft a letter to PRA group later this evening. It would be preferable if PRA agree to set aside.

On the subject of defense points, I did ask but never received any views on this.
                Originally posted by annunaki View Post

PRA group have certainly made an error in calculating interest which was included in the claim. Even if the total amount was correct, the interest has been calculated for at least 2 months more than it should have been as they have muddled the dates of payments.

Would this be enough to be a point to challenge the claim without being frivolous? To me that would be as the amount claimed is without doubt incorrect if only by £50 or so. Does it matter how wrong the amount is?
                I am seeing that the interest is part of the claim. The interest amount is wrong to the tune of £50. That makes the claim amount wrong. Does my logic mean that I would have a good enough defense?

In my attempt to get a copy of claim form I did a two hour diversion on the return from visiting an elderly relative to the County Court Business Center. I now know they don`t see members of the public!
                I did try another time on the phone and they kindly sent a scanned copy of the form to me. So the address is as I said, without street or door number.

Comment

Hi
                  I believe that when challenged the full amount of interest is rarely paid anyway - I know Lowell solicitors limit it to 1 year to 'be reasonable'

Have you sent a SAR to Lloyds - this would show up if the original assignment was to AK or someone else . Noting would come in time for the set aside application

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X