• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Date Incorrect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Date Incorrect

Max Recovery Limited purchased my debt from MBNA sometime in 2012.

At the time of purchasing this debt, it was included in an IVA.

I wanted to ask a question about defaults.

The IVA commenced on the 1st June 2012, which should be the date of default on the MBNA debt.

When Max Recovery Limited bought the debt from MBNA, the MBNA default should say "satified".

However, Drydensfairfax Solicitors updated my credit file on the 30th May 2017 from Eversheds.

The default has NEVER shown Max Recovery as being the debt owner.

So my question is this.

Under sections 87,88,89 of the consumer credit act 1974, should Drydens have sent me a default notice when they updated the credit file on the 30th May 2017?

Drydens have refused saying they nor Max Recovery are obliged to send a default notice. Is this correct?

Secondly they are refusing to change the date of default.

I have contacted MBNA and asking them for clarification when did the account go into default before it was sold.

Is it correct that without sending a default notice any attempt at proceedings would fail!?
    Tags: None

Re: Default Date Incorrect

Spellkaster

Have you asked this question before?

I seem to remember you did and were given some very good advice by [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

The absolute correct way for the default to be recorded would be one from MBNA saying satisfied and another from the new owner ( with the same start date) showing the correct balance. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it isn't updated for a while maybe even years. There is no absolute duty on a debt purchaser or any creditor to report your account to any or all CRA's.

Most of my defaults just had a change of name and did not show one satisfied and one not - although my MBNA one that was sold to Brittanic Recoveries did I think- long gone now.

Once a S87(1) DN has been sent, unless you have taken the necessary action there is no duty for anyone to send another one

The guidelines at the time did say if an account had gone into an IVA this would usually be seen as a trigger fro a default but it was not an absolute

Again as well, Defaults on your file are not directly linked to S87(1) DN's , you can have one without the other

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Spellkaster

Have you asked this question before?

I seem to remember you did and were given some very good advice by @Diana M and @Amethyst

The absolute correct way for the default to be recorded would be one from MBNA saying satisfied and another from the new owner ( with the same start date) showing the correct balance. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it isn't updated for a while maybe even years. There is no absolute duty on a debt purchaser or any creditor to report your account to any or all CRA's.

Most of my defaults just had a change of name and did not show one satisfied and one not - although my MBNA one that was sold to Brittanic Recoveries did I think- long gone now.

Once a S87(1) DN has been sent, unless you have taken the necessary action there is no duty for anyone to send another one

The guidelines at the time did say if an account had gone into an IVA this would usually be seen as a trigger fro a default but it was not an absolute

Again as well, Defaults on your file are not directly linked to S87(1) DN's , you can have one without the other
      I have contacted MBNA and I've asked for clarification from them when it went into default.

If the date differs from Max Recovery, what can I do because Drydensfairfax Solicitors are refusing to change the date they have which is 3rd August 2012?

Drydens say they nor Max Recovery are not obliged to send a default, they claim its the original creditor MBNA.

But as they bought the debt off MBNA, surely that means a new default!?

Comment

Originally posted by Spellkaster View Post
        I have contacted MBNA and I've asked for clarification from them when it went into default.

If the date differs from Max Recovery, what can I do because Drydensfairfax Solicitors are refusing to change the date they have which is 3rd August 2012?

Drydens say they nor Max Recovery are not obliged to send a default, they claim its the original creditor MBNA.

But as they bought the debt off MBNA, surely that means a new default!?
        If MBNA tell you the default date was different then yes they must alter it

But

No it is not a new default - they have just taken over the recording of the default

I really do not know how I can explain this to you other than by telling you I have had over 20 defaults on my credit file and not once was i sent a new DN after the account was old

Comment

If MBNA give me a different date of the 3rd August 2012, and Drydens still refuse to change it, what then?

Comment

Then you would complain to the ICO. It all depends how different it is as to what you decide to do

Comment

Then you would complain to the ICO. It all depends how different it is as to what you decide to do
              Thanks for the reply. I guess I need to see if and when I hear back from MBNA with the default date.

Comment

Did you just write and ask or send a SAR.

Have you looked in the closed section of noddle

Comment

Did you just write and ask or send a SAR.

Have you looked in the closed section of noddle
                  Nothing on with Noddle.

I contacted customer services at MBNA as they had a form on their website to contac them for information.

If they say the default date was before 3rd August 2012, they Drydens could be on a dodgy wicket!!

Comment

Actually thats very interesting.

I have just checked my closed accounts on Noddle.

There is an MBNA credit card account showing as closed, with a balance of £690.

It has a different account number to which Drydens are using.

There is no default showing for this account either and says account end date of 28/12/2011.

I'm now confused!!

Comment

Could that be the same account ?

Is the balance about right ?

Comment

Could that be the same account ?

Is the balance about right ?
                        No its a different account number and balance is about right.

Comment

Remember debt purchasers very often assign their own account number when buying debts

However, I really do think you are investing far too much energy into something that by your own admission may just be a few months wrong. Also as it is a long way from being SB f=do you really want to rock the boat and risk a claim?

Comment

Remember debt purchasers very often assign their own account number when buying debts

However, I really do think you are investing far too much energy into something that by your own admission may just be a few months wrong. Also as it is a long way from being SB f=do you really want to rock the boat and risk a claim?
                            Its not statue barred as they were getting payments up until sometime in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Spellkaster View Post
                              Its not statue barred as they were getting payments up until sometime in 2015.

Exactly - that is what I was saying. It is a long way from SB. Why rock the boat when it comes off your credit file in a year

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X