• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form received - Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim Form received - Parking Fine

Hi guys,

I recently parked in a small car park for a couple hours while the church near to where I work finished and some normal parking spaces opened up. There was a sign up saying it was private property but I genuinely don't remember seeing it when I parked (although I had assumed it was private property). I went back to see that there was indeed a sign and the only thing I can think of as to why I hadn't noticed it, was that maybe a van had parked infront of the sign on the wall or something. Anyway, I received several letters from UK Car Park Management Limited and then from Gladstone Solicitors and I ignored the letters as per the advice I'd read on various forums online. I'm beginning to think maybe that wasn't such a great idea.

The fine was for £160 but I don't have the original letters so I'm not sure what the details of the claim are anymore. On the County Court Claim Form that has just been sent to me, it says in the 'Particulars of Claim' box: "The driver of vehicle registration XXXXXXX (the 'Vehicle') incurred the parking charge(s) on 24/11/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Kingsquare Carpark - Kingsdown Bristol. BS2 8JD. The Defendant was driving the Vehicle and/or is the Keeper of the Vehicle. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for Parking Charges / Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £7.02 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at £0.04 per day."

The total is £242.02.

Any advice would be really appreciated!!

T x
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim Form received - Parking Fine

Hi tricklenesst, welcome to LB

One good thing, anyway.
    You won't have ID'd the driver (I hope!)
    For now, acknowledge the claim asap.
    Defend in full.
    Do not contest jurisdiction.
    Failure to acknowledge will probably result in an adverse default CCJ.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: County Court Claim Form received - Parking Fine

Thanks, I acknowledged the claim, and took some photos of the signage. On the sign it says that the penalty for parking is £100, but on the County claim form it says that they've charge £160. Can I use this mistake in my favour? And yes, I have not revealed who the driver was. Just aware that I'm going to have to put in some sort of defence now and don't really know where to start!

t x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X