• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Global debt recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global debt recovery

Many many years ago and I'm talking about 2001-2002 I went through a bitter divorce and unfortunately took on the debts we had incurred over the years in particular a Lloyds loan or overdraft (simply cant remember) which I'm led to believe was in excess of £10k.... After a few years several different companies started to chase quite hard all seemed to be based at the same address and after what seemed like serious threats I started in 2008 to make small regular payments of circa £20 per month.... Since 2008 I have never defaulted on a payment and have paid £2620 in total. I have now been contacted by one of the original debt recovery agencies who have informed me they have taken over and given me a new bank to pay into

I really would like some advise as to whether I still need to pay as they have never supplied me with any paperwork and feel very threatened by this crowd and whilst only a small amount feel I can no longer afford to continue to pay

Look forward to someone helping me
    Tags: None

Re: Global debt recovery

last payment in 2003 ish date last payment? then ceased until 2008 date 1st payment? you live in scotland or england, as may be on edge of Statute barred and you being cash cowed, very important the info needed just in case no need to be paying anything?? sure others will erspond as well so have the info handy just in case

Comment

it seems global debt recovery and lloyds accounts over the period you state have been chasing Statute Barred debts or near statute barred debt in the last couple of years, if main stream debt purchasers have not taken to court, wonder the reason especially on large amouts they bought cheap = then sellthem on to lower down the line which from comments elsewhere are bottom feeders chasing defunk debts????

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        last payment in 2008 date last payment? then ceased until 2008 date 1st payment? you live in scotland or england, as may be on edge of Statute barred and you being cash cowed, very important the info needed just in case no need to be paying anything?? sure others will erspond as well so have the info handy just in case
        Hi Mike

I started in 2008 to make small regular payments of circa £20 per month.... Since 2008 I have never defaulted on a payment and have paid £2620 in total.
        I'm guessing this will put the kibosh on any SB argument.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally Posted by MIKE770
          last payment in 2008 date last payment? then ceased until 2008 date 1st payment? you live in scotland or england, as may be on edge of Statute barred and you being cash cowed, very important the info needed just in case no need to be paying anything?? sure others will erspond as well so have the info handy just in case

Noted: - Char:-

should be around about 2002/3 last payment ? then ceased payments, hence requested last payment date as that time, very close if later part of 2008 acknowledgment? also residency question?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X