• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge with ticket displayed! Legal letters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge with ticket displayed! Legal letters.

Hello,

Can anyone offer advice?

I had a parking ticket from Excel in January 2017. I had in fact purchased a ticket which covered me for the entire time I was in the car park and displayed this in my car window. I still have the ticket. I appealed the original PCN on Excel's website, pointing out that they have taken photos at an angle meaning that the ticket is not visible in their photos. I also pointed out that in one of their photos you can see the top corner of a piece of paper which is the ticket! I also sent them a copy of the ticket.

They rejected my appeal and requested I paid them a reduced amount due to the circumstances and as a gesture of goodwill. They rejected the appeal saying it is the motorists responsibility to ensure the ticket is clearly displayed. I guess they are happy that i bought a ticket, but suggesting I did not display it clearly.

After reading a number of forums I ignored this. I received another letter from Excel in June requesting payment of £70, which I also ignored.

Today i recieved a letter from BW legal requesting the £70, plus initial legal costs of £60 to be paid within 16 days of the date of the letter, which is already 5 days ago! The letter came in the same envelope as one from excel. I think it is a standard letter as it also says that I "failed to make a payment or raise an appeal" which is incorrect as I did raise an appeal.

Some websites suggest i can ignore this as it's not a 'letter before action'.

Should I get in touch with BW Legal?

A colleague has had the exact same issue (bought and displayed a ticket but still relieved a PCN from excel), so I feel like I don't want to pay out of principle as - they are clearly putting tickets on cars that are legally parked there! Having said that, i don't particularly want the hassle and potential extra costs of having to go to court.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by moo_cdf; 12th July 2017, 18:14:PM. Reason: adding info
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X