• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order/CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interim Charging Order/CCJ

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    Im afraid that these forums are designed to be self help forums, yes people do give up their spare time to advise and help but im afraid that there are far more people needing help than can be managed with a limited number of helpers.

Di did advise you to seek legal advice, have you spoken to the CAB or a Law Centre? Or even Shelter have legal advisors who may well be able to help you with your enquiries
    So the advice is actually, "seek legal advice"

i could get that insight from google

Comment

Maybe a good idea although thousands have gained a lot of advice and help on here. read some threads

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Maybe a good idea although thousands have gained a lot of advice and help on here. read some threads
        Every thread is personal to them. My thread isn't one I'd be showcasing. Goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyCooper View Post
          Its probably too late for me to challenge this now but you never know.

Any suggestions?
          If you missed the boat to challenge the Final Charging Order then you may still be able to make an Application to Vary (or suspend) the Order as I explained in post # 11 on 16th July.

Why not call the court on Monday to see if it's not too late i.e. establish if the Final Charging Order has been made. It should be sent to you in the post about a week later anyway.

Either way although I can (and did) suggest your options last month, my firm cannot draft applications or any court documents and post them on an internet forum (it would be irresponsible without having the full facts).

That's why I suggested legal advice and there's a link to the CAB in my signature.

I also asked (but you didn't reply) whether the property is held in joint names since that would mean that the judgement creditor (i.e. the Claimant) would only have a 'Restriction' registered at Land Registry which would require the homeowner to inform the creditor of any sale in future but would not lead to an Order for Sale by the court.

Di

PS see my previous post >

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          Point 4 in that Interim Charging Order appears to suggest that unless you file and serve an objection to the continuation of the Order (dated 20th June) within 28 days of service of the Order then the DJ will consider, without a hearing, whether the charge created by that Order should be made final (i.e. a Final Charging Order).

Is your home/property in joint names?

It's up to you, but perhaps you need to take legal advice on whether you should file an objection giving your reasons which will probably lead to a hearing where you can contest a Final Charging Order or in the very least attempt to have conditions included in any Final Charging Order such as no Order for Sale without return to the court etc.

Or better still a Suspended Charging Order on condition you don't breach the terms agreed

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyCooper View Post
            Every thread is personal to them. My thread isn't one I'd be showcasing.
            I agree with you on that point.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to questions relating to litigation in progress. You need a bespoke reply especially when it concerns the protection of the roof over your head.

The only option I deliberately didn't post was whether you should consider getting the Charging Order (if any) set aside if the Claimant had no right to this enforcement measure due to any irregularity with the CCJ.

If the CCJ were to be successfully set aside then the CO would no longer be necessary (since they can't enforce a CCJ which doesn't exist obviously).

These things are complicated hence my reason for saying that you need to seek legal advice which can be obtained free from the CAB. I strongly suggest you do that.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X