• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order/CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Charging Order/CCJ

Hi, I hope you can advise me on this?

I have received an Interim Charging Order letter (attached) from a CCJ received in 2015.

It is from MFS Portfolio. Is it correct that the DM's licence only appears to cover them when chasing high worth/commercial debt and not individuals. Could I challenge the original CCJ on this basis?

I missed the court's timeline on the original CCJ application. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance, Scott
    Last edited by pt2537; 11th August 2017, 21:35:PM. Reason: removed item with personal detail on it
    Tags: None

Re: Interim Charging Order/CCJ

Originally posted by ScottyCooper View Post
    Hi, I hope you can advise me on this?

I have received an Interim Charging Order letter (attached) from a CCJ received in 2015.

It is from MFS Portfolio. Is it correct that the DM's licence only appears to cover them when chasing high worth/commercial debt and not individuals. Could I challenge the original CCJ on this basis?

I missed the court's timeline on the original CCJ application. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance, Scott
    Can anyone advise please?

Comment

Can anyone advise please?
      Anyone????

Comment

I'm guessing this forum isn't operational then?

Not a single response to my question!!!

Comment

Ahhh I'll move you down to the court forum so your thread gets seen ....
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Done, having a read now
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ok.

When you say you missed the courts timeline do you mean MFS were awarded a judgment by default?

What is the original debt ? ( loan / credit card etc?)

Did you receive the judgment order and was that for forthwith or instalments?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Ok.

When you say you missed the courts timeline do you mean MFS were awarded a judgment by default?

What is the original debt ? ( loan / credit card etc?)

Did you receive the judgment order and was that for forthwith or instalments?
                Thank you for responding.

Yes, a default judgement was awarded to MFS.

The debt is for 2 credit cards.

I have received the judgement and have been paying by installments

Comment

Of a £50 a month instalments ordered by the court, or did you negotiate instalments directly with MFS portfolio?

Have you missed any instalments ?

On the FCA license issue, it looks like their license was cancelled. That wouldn't affect enforcement of a CCJ though.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am actually paying £75 per month and haven't missed a payment. I agreed this with MFS directly.

Comment

Point 4 in that Interim Charging Order appears to suggest that unless you file and serve an objection to the continuation of the Order (dated 20th June) within 28 days of service of the Order then the DJ will consider, without a hearing, whether the charge created by that Order should be made final (i.e. a Final Charging Order).

Is your home/property in joint names?

It's up to you, but perhaps you need to take legal advice on whether you should file an objection giving your reasons which will probably lead to a hearing where you can contest a Final Charging Order or in the very least attempt to have conditions included in any Final Charging Order such as no Order for Sale without return to the court etc.

Or better still a Suspended Charging Order on condition you don't breach the terms agreed.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      On the FCA license issue, it looks like their license was cancelled. That wouldn't affect enforcement of a CCJ though.
                      Unless it was subsequently found that the Claimant had no legal right to obtain the CCJ at the time they did.

Di

Comment

I have received an Interim Charging Order letter (attached)
                        The claim number and your real name are on that Interim Charging Order.

I have reported it Admin in order to protect your identity, but if you can remove and redact the attachment that would be a good idea.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          Point 4 in that Interim Charging Order appears to suggest that unless you file and serve an objection to the continuation of the Order (dated 20th June) within 28 days of service of the Order then the DJ will consider, without a hearing, whether the charge created by that Order should be made final (i.e. a Final Charging Order).

Is your home/property in joint names?

It's up to you, but perhaps you need to take legal advice on whether you should file an objection giving your reasons which will probably lead to a hearing where you can contest a Final Charging Order or in the very least attempt to have conditions included in any Final Charging Order such as no Order for Sale without return to the court etc.

Or better still a Suspended Charging Order on condition you don't breach the terms agreed.

Unless it was subsequently found that the Claimant had no legal right to obtain the CCJ at the time they did.

Di
                          I have attached the link to my original point about high net worth individuals which I am certainly not:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/5/made

this is why I feel I can challenge the CCJ because of this fact.

please advise

Comment

I have attached the link to my original point about high net worth individuals which I am certainly not:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/5/made

this is why I feel I can challenge the CCJ because of this fact.

please advise
                            I thought this was an advice & support forum?

Its probably too late for me to challenge this now but you never know.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I thought this was an advice & support forum?

Its probably too late for me to challenge this now but you never know.

Any suggestions?
                              Im afraid that these forums are designed to be self help forums, yes people do give up their spare time to advise and help but im afraid that there are far more people needing help than can be managed with a limited number of helpers.

Di did advise you to seek legal advice, have you spoken to the CAB or a Law Centre? Or even Shelter have legal advisors who may well be able to help you with your enquiries
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X