• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking charge notice

Good afternoon

This is my 1st question, so apologise in advance if you have already had the same question before.

On the 27/6 after leaving the mid-Stay car park at Stansted Airport I decided to grab a coffee at Mac Donalds
    the other side of the roundabout. Drive through & adjacent car park was full so parked in adjacent car park
    in front of Costa coffee. Weather was raining 'cats and dogs' and didn't hang around to notice or read any signs.

On return to my car after buying coffee & water there was a ticket under windscreen wiper from a MET attendant.
    Issue Reason: Driver not on premises. I did not realise that the car parks were zoned between them an just thought
    all park of one takeaway complex the same as the one at the Caxton roundabout in Cambridge.

They are requesting I pay £ 100.00 for doing this or £ 60.00 if paid early by today . I think I should appeal as its the
    1st time I've stopped there during the day (last time very late at night and Costa Coffee from memory not open after 11.30/midnight)

I took a small video clip showing the thunderstorm at the time (on & off between 12-14:00) 27/06/2017

Question is this part of a grand scam, how many people would spend £ 100 within an hour at Mac' or Costa???

Is the fee amount Legal for the offence ? Would appreciate some advise from this point on way to proceed
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking charge notice

Hi NOGUES17, welcome to LB.

Question is this part of a grand scam, how many people would spend £ 100 within an hour at Mac' or Costa???
    Unfortunately (& albeit probably unwillingly) many people who have been found parking in retail car parks in breach of the terms displayed on the site signage.

Did you take any pics of the signs displayed at the time?
    Do you have the Notice to Keeper?
    If so, please post them up (obscure personal details, but leave dates visible).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Please find attached PDF of my MET PCN notice

As you can see it states not on premises
      Attached Files

Comment

It would appear that today is their stated deadline for the reduced payment.

On what grounds are you disputing it?
        Did you take pics of the site signage?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

I did not get a picture of sign but I'm sure it states all the facts at the bottom all bit in small writing.
          (weather was really bad not to stand around, thunder & lighting I took a video clip of this)

My argument would be 1st time to site and did not appreciate separation of parking zones
          just saw the comment in Mac Donalds of maximum 60 minutes, I left as soon as break in the storm.

I would also comment these fast food re-sellers at Caxton in Cambridge have a site adjacent to each other
          and presumed rightly or wrongly in this case that the car park is shared as it is there!

Also I read on another site on MET complaint procedure that if I complain on line within 28 days and is turned down
          I will get a second and last chance to pay the reduce rate £ 60.00 or lodging a final appeal with POPLA.
          is that not the case???? If this is turned down I have to pay the full rate.

I live 30 minutes from Stansted and could drive down to take a picture of sign, but is that going to make a big
          difference as I'm sure they have covered there self in the wording all bit small.

I've herd of people just ignoring the threatening letters (all coming from the same sender, including a 'solicitors')
          until hopefully the give in

What's your thoughts, how much will it take them to put it through the small claims court??

- - - Updated - - -

I did not get a picture of sign but I'm sure it states all the facts at the bottom all bit in small writing.
          (weather was really bad not to stand around, thunder & lighting I took a video clip of this)

My argument would be 1st time to site and did not appreciate separation of parking zones
          just saw the comment in Mac Donalds of maximum 60 minutes, I left as soon as break in the storm.

I would also comment these fast food re-sellers at Caxton in Cambridge have a site adjacent to each other
          and presumed rightly or wrongly in this case that the car park is shared as it is there!

Also I read on another site on MET complaint procedure that if I complain on line within 28 days and is turned down
          I will get a second and last chance to pay the reduce rate £ 60.00 or lodging a final appeal with POPLA.
          is that not the case???? If this is turned down I have to pay the full rate.

I live 30 minutes from Stansted and could drive down to take a picture of sign, but is that going to make a big
          difference as I'm sure they have covered there self in the wording all bit small.

I've herd of people just ignoring the threatening letters (all coming from the same sender, including a 'solicitors')
          until hopefully the give in

What's your thoughts, how much will it take them to put it through the small claims court??

Comment

Ok

Imho, the smart money would be on a rejection of your 'soft' appeal, but you should get a POPLA code for further appeal.

It might well be in your best interests to take a trip for some photos.
            & unless things have changed in the last little while, the coffee joint there is Starbucks, not Costa.
            https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.87...7i13312!8i6656
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok

Imho, the smart money would be on a rejection of your 'soft' appeal, but you should get a POPLA code for further appeal.

It might well be in your best interests to take a trip for some photos.
              & unless things have changed in the last little while, the coffee joint there is Starbucks, not Costa.
              I hear what your saying but before I can appeal to POPLA and get unique code I have to fill in complaints
              appeal on the MET website. SEE TICKET ON pdf

Should I have received a further letter within 14 days on this matter from MET??

What should the wording being on this 1st instance, you are correct I think it is Starbucks
              don't want to trip myself up!

+++++

Note: Has anybody got a digital - photo of the signage at the Southgate Park Mac' Donalds & Starbucks site please????

Comment

Yes, the accepted procedure is to contact the parking co first.
                They either accept or reject this.
                If reject, they will/should advise you of the rejection & give you a unique POPLA code for you to appeal with POPLA.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1174951

Hi its been 2 weeks since we spoke (have been away) but today is my last day to appeal on line.
                  Here was one of the signs in the car park before you leave the zone. (brother got off Google maps)
                  The other type is giving time limit ect ect ect... and separate parking area.

On my ticket it says reason for ticket: - Driver Not on premises

I need to respond on line today to take it to stage 2 & get a POPLA code

My appeal will be following basis: -

Dropped off a older member of the family (70 +) who was desperate to use the toilet when entering joint car parking area.
                  The 1st restaurant you come to is Mac Donalds and car park was full and rain hammering down, so dropped her off at entrance
                  I then carried on down and parked in the adjacent carpark not stopping to study any signs in detail as by now thunder & lightening.
                  I run from my car to avoid rain from Starbucks parking zone into Mac'Donalds to avoid getting wet.
                  (I took a small video clip on mobile to prove this, If the check the weather forecast for that day in this area it will be confirmed.)

While there we had a coffee, food & water and I waited until the rain had eased before returning to my car, finding an MET attendant
                  hiding from the terrible weather under cover of their Starbucks roof line, I tried to explain and as he said I should appeal as was my 1st time at
                  car park and weather was terrible, not ideal for standing around in and studding signs in detail.

This is the basis of my appeal, should I alter this in any way

Please advise

Regards

Nogues17

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X