• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form hoist portfolio court date set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form hoist portfolio court date set

Hi newbie to the site and thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Summary of claim
    old barclaycard that was an egg card claim form
    received from cohens solicitors acting for hoist
    with help from Get out of debt I have followed the process of defending claim did CPR request and CCA request. Heard nothing. No paperwork forthcoming. Received directions questionnaire completed and ticked yes for mediation was contacted told mediation I had not received any paperwork so they said unsuitable
    Received copy of judgment order stating claimant had until 4pm 7th July to pay court fee. Just found out today that they've paid it must have been late as they hadn't by 4pm Friday.
    Sat 8th July I received default notice from mercers (no clue who they are) notice of assignment from Barclays on plain paper no letter head no signature dodgy looking copy of notice of assignment from mkdp to hoist
    dodgy looking statements not on official Barclays statement
    my argument is lack of cca my bank statements show no payments at all to Barclays certainly none matching their dodgy statements my last payment to egg was 2010 which makes debt statue barred
    can anyone help in terms of what I should be putting in my witness statement and any chance this can get struck out due to their distinct lack of evidence
    many thanks for your help
    Tags: None

Re: Claim Form hoist portfolio court date set

I'm guessing from your post that a hearing has been listed. What date is that?

Do the Particulars of Claim say the account/agreement started life with Egg or Barclaycard?

Before suggesting what you should include in your Witness Statement, can you say what you pleaded in your Defence please.

Di

Comment

Re: Claim Form hoist portfolio court date set

Hi
      thanks for your quick response a hearing has been set for 4th august
      the POC does not mention egg it states the debt was legally assigned by mkdp (ex Barclaycard) to the claimant and notice has been served I have sent a SAR request to Barclays and again nothing although I have just received a letter today telling me the paperwork will be at my local branch from 14th July.
      i just don't know where to start on my witness statements as there seems to be so many flaws and I cannot believe hoist are pursuing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X