Thread: Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

Evening all,

ok, I'll get straight to it, i seperated from my ex 3 months ago and moved out of the family home. I pay my child maintenance, I would never do any different. I have my set days with my 2 sons also. I have been harassed every day via text by my ex,it's always abuse,an ultimatum or a threat. Recently it's got to the point of threatening not to let me see my kids. 2 weeks ago because I wouldn't agree to "sneaky sex", and tonight because I wouldn't rub deep heat on her back, I was told I had a time limit to reply to the latest abusive text or I wouldn't be allowed to see my kids, and that's how it now stands, I'm not to pick them up tomorrow as normal or the rest of the week.

can anyone offer advice or is it simply a case of having to go the "legal route"?

thanks in advance,

scott

Authorised Solicitor

Mentions
    12 Post(s)

Default Re: Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

Dear Scottyboy,

I hope everything has improved since July.

If there are still issues or anyone else finds themselves in this type of bullying situation I would suggest the following:-
    1. Make sure you keep copies of all text messages and e-mails and any replies are polite and restrained
    2. Write a letter stating what has happened child arrangements wise, what has changed and what you are asking for.
    3. If your letter does not have a positive response you might need to ask a solicitor to write a similar letter to show you are serious.
    Hopefully you will not then need to consider issuing court proceedings.

I hope this helps!
    I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.