• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

Evening all,

ok, I'll get straight to it, i seperated from my ex 3 months ago and moved out of the family home. I pay my child maintenance, I would never do any different. I have my set days with my 2 sons also. I have been harassed every day via text by my ex,it's always abuse,an ultimatum or a threat. Recently it's got to the point of threatening not to let me see my kids. 2 weeks ago because I wouldn't agree to "sneaky sex", and tonight because I wouldn't rub deep heat on her back, I was told I had a time limit to reply to the latest abusive text or I wouldn't be allowed to see my kids, and that's how it now stands, I'm not to pick them up tomorrow as normal or the rest of the week.

can anyone offer advice or is it simply a case of having to go the "legal route"?

thanks in advance,

scott
    Tags: None

Re: Didnt reply to text so not allowed to see my kids

Dear Scottyboy,

I hope everything has improved since July.

If there are still issues or anyone else finds themselves in this type of bullying situation I would suggest the following:-
    1. Make sure you keep copies of all text messages and e-mails and any replies are polite and restrained
    2. Write a letter stating what has happened child arrangements wise, what has changed and what you are asking for.
    3. If your letter does not have a positive response you might need to ask a solicitor to write a similar letter to show you are serious.
    Hopefully you will not then need to consider issuing court proceedings.

I hope this helps!
    I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaC View Post
      Dear Scottyboy,

I hope everything has improved since July.

If there are still issues or anyone else finds themselves in this type of bullying situation I would suggest the following:-
      1. Make sure you keep copies of all text messages and e-mails and any replies are polite and restrained
      2. Write a letter stating what has happened child arrangements wise, what has changed and what you are asking for.
      3. If your letter does not have a positive response you might need to ask a solicitor to write a similar letter to show you are serious.
      Hopefully you will not then need to consider issuing court proceedings.

I hope this helps!

This does seem to be "controlling" problem. Perhaps the answer is to go down the legal route, get a court order to cover contact with the children, this should stop the bullying.
      Just a "helpful" I hope suggestion.

Comment

Hi

worth trying the mediation process, its the first steps now anyhow, https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/us/ ( find your local ones )

When a partner is acting like that, you're maybe best having a mediator between you untill she accepts its over.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 5th November 2017, 13:38:PM.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X