• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

orange bill being taken to court need to defend by 30th July

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: advice ugently being chased for debt i dont recall

Originally posted by veronica23 View Post
    Hi
    is it possible for me to send you letter I wrote to make sure its correct
    thank you
    Best just to post it on this thread.
    Others can then comment as well (it's a concerted effort enterprise on LB, lol)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi can someone please let me know if i have written this correctly.
      Also I am away from the 4th August- 25th August how is this going to effect my case.

Dear Sir,

Claim Number
      Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR31.14

ON 3rd July 2017 I received a county court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on 30th July2017

An accurate copy of the original contracts including all relevant Terms & Conditions, plus any subsequent variations.
      A copy of the Notice of Assignment.
      A copy of the Deed of Assignment.
      A detailed breakdown of the alleged sum as claimed by the Claimant.

In accordance with CPR 31.15 (C) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying cost incurred in complying with this CPR31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated a specific track and the provisions of CPR27 (2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the particulars of Claim.
      I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the documents I have requested are copied and received by me within 7days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.

Kind regards

Comment

Hi Veronica

If all goes according to the usual, you will receive nothing of any use in response to the request (which looks fine to send, btw. It goes to the sols, keep a copy for yourself & get proof of postage).
        They normally send a template response "No you can't have anything (except maybe a dubious copy of a Notice of Assignment probably concocted by the teaboy during the mid-morning break). They probably won't accept the generous offer of an extension to the defence deadline.
        If so, you will file a defence on or around 30th July, based largely on non-disclosure of documents. & then you'll go away & enjoy your break.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

just to confirm do i send to restons or arrow global
          i will send letter signed for

Thank you very much i will keep you posted

Comment

To the solicitor.

We also strongly suggest a SAR to the original creditor.
            It costs a tenner but is often worth it's weight in gold.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I will do the SAR how do get orange details
              thanks

Comment

SAR template letter
                http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/

Send to EE (Orange) with a £10 fee.
                Again, keep a copy & get proof of posting.

6. Access and Control Your Personal Information

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you'd like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to The Disclosures Team, EE Limited, Hatfield Business Park, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW, clearly identifying yourself and the information you require. We may charge you £10 to cover the cost of processing your request and supplying your information to you. We will ask you to provide identification to ensure we do not disclose your information to the wrong people. Please note that you can obtain copies of your phone bill free of charge on the 'My Account' section of our website.
                http://ee.co.uk/privacy-policy
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi
                  I have written to the solicitors the seven days are up and they have not responded to my request what do I do now.
                  Also I did send of for the SAR and EE have written to me to inform me that they do keep information over 2 years.
                  I have to write back to the court by the 30th July 2017

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Is the 30th July your deadline for filing your defence? ( ie 28 days from service / 33 days from issue ?)
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes that is correct

Comment

The example defence (link below) is used for CCA cases but can easily be adapted for mob phone ones.
                        Just scrub references to CCA (& if not applicable, stat barred).
                        Basically, your defence will be re their non-production of evidence plus any other factors unique to your particular situation.
                        http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-court-claims/
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi charity
                          how do I send you attachment reston solicitors have written to me

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...details-safe!)

or email them to Kati
                            I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
                            kati@legalbeagles.info
                            But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi
                              charity I have emailed you letter, I know you might be busy but what do I reply back, I am running out of time.
                              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by veronica23 View Post
                                Hi
                                charity I have emailed you letter, I know you might be busy but what do I reply back, I am running out of time.
                                Thank you
                                Did you send it to Kati?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X