• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post Office Card default date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office Card default date

Hi all,

Between 2010 and 2012 I went through some serious financial difficulties. I am recovering now but of course, there are still repercussions. I was unable to meet the minimum payments on my Post Office credit card (issued by the Bank of Ireland) and fell into arrears. They appointed a solicitor to chase those arrears who immediately issued county court proceedings against me. Upon receipt of the papers I telephoned them and agreed to make a lower monthly payment which they told me I must confirm by filling in the papers to that effect and returning them, which I did.

A CCJ was issued against me in January of 2012. The thing is, the default on the account was not issued until June 2012. Therefore, the CCJ was brought against me before the account was defaulted. Can that be done? I continue to make my monthly payments and have never missed one.

I know it doesn't make a lot of difference in the great scheme of things but I thought this might give me grounds to challenge. Does anyone know anything about this kind of thing?

The solicitor which dealt with it initially has since been closed down by the regulators which suggests it may have been somewhat loose with its conduct.
    Tags: None

Re: Post Office Card default date

It is wrong that the default was recorded after the ccj but also remember a default on a credit file is not the same as a S87 default notice

If they had not defaulted you they should not have got the CCJ but it seems a bit late now to do anything about it

Does the CCJ appear on your credit file? If not have you checked trustonline to see if it is registered there

Were the solicitors based in Stratford upon Avon by any chance?

Comment

Re: Post Office Card default date

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for replying. Yes the CCJ is on my file, as is the default, which is how I noticed that the default came after the CCJ.

And yes, I think they were based there. It was strange as I happened to read about them being closed down before I had any formal communication. I now pay someone called DLC.

I wish I'd fought the case but it seemed cut and dry so I was happy to get the lower payments arrangement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X