• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Parking Solutions! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Parking Solutions! Help!

Hi,

So earlier this year I drove 4 hours to Plymouth to vist my boyfriend who was down there for Navy related things. I stayed at the Travellodge at Derrys Cross which I do any time I need to go down there. I parked at the Premier Parking Solutions ruled car park just by the side of the Travelodge.
    I had no change so popped into the Travellodge to take my things in, got some change from the desk and walked down to put a ticket on my car, this was like 7.30pm.
    Upon getting to the car park a warden was by the ticket machine so I asked him if he was writing a ticket for my car, he said he was and I said I am literally just putting money in to pay for it now .. he said oh ok then! And walked off.. I then paid for tickets the entire weekend, Friday night through to Sunday evening.

a couple of months later, after there being no parking charge notice affixed to my car on that night, i receive a parking charge 'notice to keeper' through the door. Just last week I received a 'reminder notice' and yesterday I rexeived a 'notice before action' threatening with the 'we may pass this debt to our legal department for consideration to begin proceedings in the County Court' - at the recommendation of my boyfriend, who has received many before and always ignored them, i have ignored them completely and not appealed.

Should I just keep ignoring them? And if they were to actually take me to court, what would my defence be? I paid into that car park the entire weekend and no parking charge was left on my car.

I have kept all 3 letters.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    someone who is very frustrated!
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Parking Solutions! Help!

For the Notice to Keeper letter received how long between the alleged "offence" and the receipt of the notice? with no notice on the windscreen this should have ben RECEIVED by you within 14 days for any attempt to hold you liable.

Have you complained to Travel Lodge that their contractor is taking action against you despite you paying?

If the letterrs are from DRP then just ignore.

Have you still got the tickets.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.
      10th March was the date issued and the letter was sent to me on 20th april. This was the first bit of contact from them, i had nothing affixed to my car windscreen it was as i described above.
      It isn't the Travelodges car park it is just a car park on private land behind the Derry's Cross roundabout. The site is: Atheaneaum, Plymouth, PL1 3AA.
      the letters are from Premier Parking Solutions.
      I have 3 of them and have kept them all!

Comment

[MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION]

Sounds like a variation of 'ghost' ticketing.......but also sounds as if there is no actual photo evidence of a ticket on the windscreen.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Oh there is no evidence of any ticket on any windscreen. They didn't put one on there and have sent no image to prove they may have done so and then removed it themselves.. nothing.
          but the letter came over a month after the alleged 'offence'

Comment

Premier Parking Solutions do take people to court, have a look here. Luckily not many but the would be inclined to take yours as there has been no response to the letters and they would hope get judgment by default

So you write back to them, AS THE KEEPER, (do not, EVER, let out details of the driver) stating that as they have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA , namely, but not limited to, failure to deliver the Notice to keeper within 14 days of the event then they cannot hold the keeper liable for the contraventions of the driver. To continue with any action against the keeper would be perverse and would be strongly defended in court. Now that you cannot possibly be held liable you demand that your personal details are removed from their records and confirmation is sent within 21 days, as required under secrtion 10 of the DPA. Send the letter to PPS and not the stooge debt collectors. Don't hang about.

Here's a link to POFA It allows the parking companies to take action against the keeper of the vehicle for parking charges if they do not know the name of the driver. Paragraph 9 applies to you, but they could be saying it's paragraph 8 as the ticket may have been written but not stuck on the windscreen.

Your boyfriend has been lucky, unless this was some time ago. Ignoring private parking charges is no longer the sensible option, has not been with the introduction of POFA in 2012. They do take people to court. £20,000 case in Scotland not so long ago. But they are defendable.

Comment

I have drafted up this letter... Is this good enough to send to get them off my back? Any critiques would be greatly appreciated!
              I intend to send it from work on Monday morning.

"To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you regarding your threatening letter received as I am the keeper of the car that you are addressing.
              You have accused the car of being parked at Atheneaum, Plymouth, PL1 3AA on 10th March 2017.
              The first notice however was sent to myself, as the keeper, on 20th April 2017. Within this first piece of correspondence you have stated that a Parking Charge Notice was affixed to the windscreen or window of the vehicle at the Time of Issue or issued by post. This is a false claim. This was the first correspondence received after nothing was affixed to the windscreen of the car and a parking charge was also not sent within 14 days after the alleged ‘offence’.
              Therefore, the keeper cannot be held liable for the alleged contraventions of the driver as you have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA, namely but not limited to, failure to deliver the Notice to Keeper within 14 days of the event. To continue with any action against the keeper would be perverse and would be strongly defended in court.
              Now that I, as the keeper, cannot possibly be held liable I demand that my personal details are removed from your records and that confirmation of this is sent within 21 days, as required under section 10 of the DPA.

Kind regards
              xxxxxxxx"

Comment

The driver has confirmed that no notice was attached to the windscreen, and wasn't expected as 48 hours parking was paid for.

Comment

A windscreen ticket is referred to as 'Notice to Driver'.
                  It has to be exactly that,,,,,a notice to the driver in durable form which directs the driver's attention to the fact that a contravention has occurred, what that was & the potential consequences, & what must now be done.
                  Unless the parking co has proof that this was done (they usually take photos), imho they would have a bit of a problem.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have received this letter from PPS having sent them A letter i'd written with help from you guys on here.

"Further to your letter received 11th July 2017, you have passed the stage where you can appeal this charge.
                    you should be aware that if the driver fails to acknowledge their liability in relation to this matter, the registered keeper of the vehicle may become liable to pay any unpaid charges in accordance with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012

i can confirm that the PCN was issued correctly

payment must now be made to clear the PCN, or court action will ensure, as per the Notic Before Action letter.

please find the attached photograph of the vehicle with the PCN affixed.

Please be aware that in the event of a PCN being affixed to a vehicle we are obliged to wait for a period of 28 days before we can apply to the DVLA for keeper details which is why you did not receive a notice to keeper within 14 days"

and they have attached a photo of my car with a parking charge on it - however.. this charge was 100% not on my car because when i put my parking ticket it was not there and when I picked my car up, again, it wasn't there. So unless the guy took it off when i was getting my ticket or he put it on afterwars, took a photo and then took it off or put it on after i'd already put my ticket in my car and then someone tore it off.. a kid or something.. i don't know. But what I know is.. it 100% was not there when i put my ticket in my car as he was only just writing it as i was buying my ticket and then walked off.what do i do?!?! thanks in advance. (Plus i paid for parking for the whole &@4£;!:3)£4ing weekend!!!!)
                    Last edited by Frustrateddotcom; 16th August 2017, 16:19:PM.

Comment

How did you pay for the ticket? Card or Cash?

Comment

Cash. I did it about 3 times over the course of the weekend. The machine didn't accept card which was why i had to go get change from the hotel in the first place.
                        paid for 24 hours twice and then however many more hours i needed on the Sunday.: all in cash .. so no paper trail. Blatantly done on purpose!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X