• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking - Refusal to consider appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smart Parking - Refusal to consider appeal

Company No: SC138255 - Smart Parking Ltd, rather than Smart Parking UK Ltd (SC413479)

I did have some pictures that I took a few weeks back but they are not as clear as I would like them to be, so I shall have to go back again. I have to admit that never having visited the site in question before, I was quite amazed at how many businesses in the area are using this company.

Comment

Company No: SC138255 - Smart Parking Ltd, rather than Smart Parking UK Ltd (SC413479)
      Two completely separate companies.
      https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...13479/officers
      https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...38255/officers
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have not heard any more from Gladstones, but that is not to say that they have forgotten about us. Also had no response from Waterworld as to who has authority to administer parking on their behalf and whether or not they have signed to say that they comply with POFA

Took a walk around Waterworld today and some good pics

The images with the yellow UKPS parking signs are those that are displayed at the entrance to Waterworld and also at the entrance to the parking area.

The Smart Parking signs are the only ones in the car park. Nowhere is there a sign that actually displays the "Terms and Conditions" that the "Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions will result in a parking charge of" refers to.

Two different companies - a Big No No!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm - I wonder if they are so Smart that they don't think that they need to renew their Data Protection Registration. I do believe that this is just a little bit out of date.....

https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z497213X

Comment

So there are different company signs on display. Looks like a definite case of misleading signs. How do you know who you are contracting with? This will be one of the items in your appeal.

Hmmmm - I wonder if they are so Smart that they don't think that they need to renew their Data Protection Registration. I do believe that this is just a little bit out of date.....
            They must have been listening, it's been updated so expiry is next year.

Comment

Yep they were quick in updating it - guess they must be monitoring this forum constantly. Still waiting for the Secretary from Waterworld to reply as to who has the right to administer parking on their behalf and Gladstones have gone very quiet too. With a bit of luck I won't hear any more from them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X