• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Hi I'm new to the site and noticed there's a few people like me who've been caught out by the ridiculous Fines being handed out to catch unsuspecting motorists by Excel Parking.

On 15th of June I went to KFC on the Peel retail park and mistakenly assumed that it was an out of town free retail park with free parking.

Not being from Stockport I didn't have a clue and didn't notice the parking signs. I have today received a PCN for £100 for 35 mins parking that allegedly would have cost £1.80 had I paid it at the time, fine is reduced to £60 if I cough up within 14 days.

This is the first fast food restaurant ive ever been to that charges for parking!!!!!! Nevertheless ive been stitched here.

The car belongs to my wife so she has already notified Excel that it wasn't her. And we await their response.

In the meantime is there anything I can do to fight this as the charge appears ridiculous, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking, Peel Centre Stockport

By the way my wife has advised Excèl im the driver don't know if that puts a different spin on it.

Comment

Hi & welcome to LB.

It is best not to indicate who was driving (at the time of the parking 'event').
      Even on fora such as this.
      You say that your wife has told the parking co that she was not the driver.
      Has she said who was?

Edit
      X posts
      & Oooops!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Unfortunately Yes, she has responded by advising that I was the driver.
        Guess that means I'm completely stitched?
        She got a message back saying "appeal received" we will respond within 28 days.

My questions now are;
        1 - Will I now receive a new PCN in my name, having the ability to pay the reduced £60 fine (The PCN form says "once advised of driver pass this PCN to the driver" but doesn't say what that driver should do with the PCN - ie pay it (in the wrong name / or await new PCN with correct name?)
        2 - Is there anything I can still do to contest the fine because the whole thing appears set up to catch people out with a hefty fine.

Comment

We would normally suggest contacting the manager of the shop/gym/restaurant etc to see if they can intercede.
          It's always worth a shot.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Manager of shop won't write anything. So I guess I just pay up

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X