• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sherril Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherril Court

I have been asked to pay £220 for my my car when my car was parked over 15 months ago in Perth M&S. I have genuinely no idea if it was myself or my husband or daughter who drove it. Mellixk wrote to me and I asked for evidence which they provided me. I had paid for 3 hours but foolishly thought after 6pm would be free, it is not obviously. I received another letter saying as they'd provided evidence I had to pay immediately. I've been on holiday in USA for 3 weeks (it is the summer after all) on my return a GPO red card said to pick a letter up from them. I did so but the PO had made a mistake they said as a red card should not have been put through as the registered post said to return to Sherril Court if undelivered which the Post Office said they have done. They told me it was a citation from Mellixk but I've still not had an answer as to why it took them 15 months and due to the time span and my car being driven by other family members I'd like to know who is liable as I feel I am not unless they have photo of me as the Police do when issuing for example speeding fines. What's my situation I will get a citation and need to know please what do
    Tags: None

Re: Sherril Court

Hi and welcome.

Regarding the parking:
    It seems from your post that you have not named the driver.
    As you are in Scotland where there is no keeper liability, the parking company can only proceed against the driver.
    If they cannot show who the driver was they can do nothing, so IMO you should now studiously ignore them, (unless by chance you receive genuine court papers)

Regarding the citation from Sherrill City Court, New York State which I guess was some traffic violation.
    Can't help there at all, but if you don't intend returning in the near future I wouldn't worry about it!

Tagging @charitynjw

Comment

Re: Sherril Court

Is that Mellicks? (solicitors)
      Even so, there is no keeper liability north of the border, so just don't 'out' the driver (even if they are one & the same).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X