• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - defence submitted recieved Directions questionaire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - defence submitted recieved Directions questionaire

I'll give [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] a nudge for you.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Afternoon All, So I have called Lowell today to discuss my offer of £150 which was said no to and they stated it will be going to court on 13th November. I made a counter of £225.00 and this was refused.

they came back and said that these are the two options

1. £300 full and Final settlement and it would be noted as partially settled and no further court action

2. A Tomlin order for the full amount £520.78 plus £100 fee and then monthly payments.

I can afford to pay the £300.00. Is there anything I need to make sure on when paying this so all further action stops they did say they would write to confirm the account is settled!

Thanks for you help

Audiocash

Comment

Would someone be able to advise if there is anything i need to confirm when calling a paying?

Comment

Evening all, So I have called and settled on £300.00 it has been confirmed that the account is closed and the legal department has been advised of this and the court will be informed.

Is it wise for me to email the court with all of the details of today to state it has been settled outside of court and give names and times etc.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Audiocash View Post
            Thank you Amethyst,

Im really worried about this I can afford to pay it if it comes to it! I also have a Family court first hearing on the 10th November aswell. I’m not sure if it is worth like you said saving time and stress and make an offer to them of settlement.

Is is there any links on the forum for emailing to a sols to make an offer as I’m not sure I can handle this plus the Family court and would like to not get a CCJ as my credit report it starting to improve and this could put a mark against it the last letter from the Sol did state there were willing to consider any offer of settlement outside of court

regards

Audiocash
            Sorry I didn’t see your other posts yesterday - sounds like you have done what’s best for you - pick your battles and it seems like you have more important things to be concentrating on at the moment xxx

So the court action will be discontinued and your credit file marked as partially settled ? Did they email confirmation in writing of that ?

Be good to have this out your hair. The partial settlement still falls off your file 6 years after that original default - do not long - and it’s far far better than a ccj
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Sorry I didn’t see your other posts yesterday - sounds like you have done what’s best for you - pick your battles and it seems like you have more important things to be concentrating on at the moment xxx

So the court action will be discontinued and your credit file marked as partially settled ? Did they email confirmation in writing of that ?

Be good to have this out your hair. The partial settlement still falls off your file 6 years after default - and it’s far far better than a ccj
              Thanks Amethyst.

They didn't email a confirmation as he said the email department had gone home however he did advise that he would send out written confirmation of the closed account.

The account is not showing on my credit report this was removed at the beginning of September when my noodle credit report updated

I am glad its done now as the family court issue is bigger than this and I am out of holiday from work for this year so would have had to take unpaid leave which would have been Half of the settlement!!

I have emailed the court this evening details of what has happened today and hopefully this will be added to the file

Thank you for your help and support this site is fantastic xx

Comment

Originally posted by Audiocash View Post
                I have called and settled on £300.00 it has been confirmed that the account is closed and the legal department has been advised of this and the court will be informed.

Is it wise for me to email the court with all of the details of today to state it has been settled outside of court and give names and times etc.
                Did they say that they would definitely discontinue the claim?

They need to serve you with a Notice of Discontinuance (N279) and send a copy to the court.

I’m glad you’ve got this sorted and good luck with the family stuff.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                  Did they say that they would definitely discontinue the claim?

They need to serve you with a Notice of Discontinuance (N279) and send a copy to the court.

I’m glad you’ve got this sorted and good luck with the family stuff.

Di
                  Hi Di,

They did say that the account is closed and they will advise their legal team. I did question and ask if a discontinuance would happen and the call handler did say yes.

He confirmd on the phone the account is closed and had advised the legal team whilst I was on the call.

I did last night email the court with what happend and the payment ref so hopefully this will cover my back.

I was thinking they would not pay the trial fee and then this would strike it out possibly.

Is it worth calling again?

Many thanks

Audiocash

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X