• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Provident - Credit agreement received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Provident - Credit agreement received

Good morning all,

After sending letter 1 of 3 letter process I have been sent a copy of a credit agreement.

It looks legit...

What should I do now please? I have still not received the other requested documents.

They say the account is still on hold until they have received further documentation from 'the' client.

I've attached copies of what I have received.

Many thanks in Advance!

Oh
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell/Provident - Credit agreement received

Do I continue with the 3 letter process from this point please?

Comment

Hi

Welcome to LB

I am afraid the 3 letter process is really not a good idea and all you are doing is poking what may be a sleeping giant

Was this a formal S77 request and did you include a cheque or postal order for £1 ?

Have you been receiving letters from Lowell ?

What exactly did you ask for in letter 1 ?

Comment

Yes I have been receiving constant letters. They've closed 5 of the accounts and said they would be removed from my credit file. So the 3 letter process did seem to be working...

I asked for deed of assignment, deed of novation, original credit agreement.

I basically just sent the template letter that's freely available online and this is the first time I've actually been sent something...

Comment

I'm pleased they have closed 5 accounts but I am certain it is more to do with the accounts than the three letter process. By sending CCA requests I have had quite a lot of accounts closed but it doesn't always work

If it were me I would be sending a S77 request with the statutory £1 fee CCA Request Letter

Send it royal mail signed for

If you do that they have to provide
          A copy of the executed agreement including associated terms and conditions
          A copy of terms and conditions at default ( which will in this case I think be the same)
          A statement of account - something that says how much you owe now

If they do not do that they can not enforce the agreement in court (providing you defend)

What they sent you is enough for what you asked for but not enough for a CCA request BECAUSE - on the agreement page just under where the agent has written the daily amount of 1.12 there is a great big arrow that says 'There are more terms overleaf'

WHERE ARE THEY?

Without the CCA (S77) request you do not have the protection in law

But please do not tell them what is wrong , in fact send the S77 request and when it comes back just file it, then if they write to you just write back with

Further to your letter of xxxxxx I refer you to my request under S77 CCA made on xxxxxx. To date you have not fulfilled your obligations

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            I'm pleased they have closed 5 accounts but I am certain it is more to do with the accounts than the three letter process. By sending CCA requests I have had quite a lot of accounts closed but it doesn't always work

If it were me I would be sending a S77 request with the statutory £1 fee CCA Request Letter

Send it royal mail signed for

If you do that they have to provide
            A copy of the executed agreement including associated terms and conditions
            A copy of terms and conditions at default ( which will in this case I think be the same)
            A statement of account - something that says how much you owe now

If they do not do that they can not enforce the agreement in court (providing you defend)

What they sent you is enough for what you asked for but not enough for a CCA request BECAUSE - on the agreement page just under where the agent has written the daily amount of 1.12 there is a great big arrow that says 'There are more terms overleaf'

WHERE ARE THEY?

Without the CCA (S77) request you do not have the protection in law

But please do not tell them what is wrong , in fact send the S77 request and when it comes back just file it, then if they write to you just write back with

Further to your letter of xxxxxx I refer you to my request under S77 CCA made on xxxxxx. To date you have not fulfilled your obligations
            Thank you so much! I'll send them that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X