• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs enforcement team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs enforcement team

I have found that since getting my info off here he has been less in my face. I tried to ho along with his, "I am trying to help you, but you need to help me" approach. But when I didn't reply when he expected, he reverted to type. I haven't yet explained that I have found out what he can and cannot add charges for, and I believe he can only charge once, a different bailiff attended previously and not from enforcement, removal team. So unsure if he can add charges of his own as it is a different department. I have also pointed out to him that I am fully prepared to pay, just not able to find money I don't have, my circumstances are complicated but he will absolutely not get access to my property. Not heard off him since last text, although he did say he would not be chasing me, I should be chasing him. So I expect my next correspondence will be a text telling me the removal team will be attending.
    Thanks for the info to back me up, really appreciated.

Comment

So, just spoke to the enforcement agent and told him that there was no way I could find 77 today, just not possible. He said he will make a note on my file, on Monday I will receive a text saying I have 24 hours to pay. After that they will attend my house on Tuesday to remove goods. I said there was nothing I could do to get that money. He replied that he could do no more to help me. So I guess now I just wait till Tuesday. They can turn up, but they can't get in or even knock on the door, I won't know they have arrived unless I go out anywhere. Will they just sit there and wait? I don t know what else to expect now.

Comment

You are doing very well so far. Stick to your guns. It would be interesting to know how old the Warrants are as they only have a finite life before they have to be handed back to the Creditor - 12 months. You can always tell him that as he is not being cooperative then you will just sit back and wait until the Council take it back, putting aside what you would pay him means that if that happens you can pay the majority off in one fell swoop. There is plenty of mileage left in stonewalling him yet.

If you still live in the same Council area where the tickets were issued then you could engage your local Councillor and see if they can intervene at the Council. Using the argument the Bailiff is not listening to you despite you still offering payment puts you in good stead to my mind.

Comment

I hadn't thought of rhe age of them, some of those tickets were nearly 2 years old, I might have to check that then. I already had council tax arrears sent back to council. Tried my local councillor, never heard a thing, and I explained my husbands health issues too, nothing back. I did contact the council parking department last year about this and they were unwilling to do anything g at that time.
          I am going to phone him Monday now and ask for dates of the tickets. I am feeling quite empowered at the moment, thanks to your advice ☺️

Comment

It isn't the dates of the tickets themselves but the dates on the Warrants that were subsequently issued. If your Councillor is ignoring you then you go over their head to the Leader of the Council & his/her opposite number.

Comment

Thanks for that, I understand now, not sure of the dates of those bit I assume I can check that with the bailiff, will ring on Monday and check those. Hadn't actually thought of going higher or to the opposite, will check out those names and do that also. Thankyou

Comment

If you already have the ticket numbers you don't need ring the Bailiff - he'll likely realise what you want them for - but can instead ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

Comment

I never thought of that, will give them a ring instead on Monday then. Also, a quick thing. Had 4 letters this morning g for the 4 outstanding tickets, basically saying that an enforcement agent called at my address for full payment, as no payment was made it has now been passed to the removal team who will be calling to remove goods. Now first thing, no one has been to my house in around 2 months and second the person I have been making payments to is called Sam and he works for the removal team! Is this normal/correct procedure. I have had letters before saying an agent called when I know that no one has been near.

Comment

I wouldn't take too much notice of all the letters they send - good excuse to use them for lighting the fire. The removal team is just likely to be 2 men & a Berlingo van. After all what are they coming to remove, they have no Controlled Goods Agreement, you have nothing outside and they can't get in anyway. It is just designed to up the pressure and more intimidation - something that isn't working. There is a good chance they are reading this thread anyway but I wouldn't worry about that. Bailiffs very rarely do anything they write & tell you anyway but for those whereby they can get to the door they may cause a nuisance by coming early in the morning to disturb your day.

Comment

Thankyou, it just puts my mind at rest a little more.

Comment

All good advice from Ploddertom, have been away, at work; one thing to bear in mind is that Ploddertom has indicated that Jacobs are incorrigible bullies, hide the car if possible as they are known to clamp even low value vehicles to ramp up the pressure with no actual intention to remove.

Otherwise you have more control than they do.

Comment

Thankyou, I will do that, I have had a letter and he actually told me on the phone that come tomorrow I will get text from the removal team telling me they will call on Tuesday. Any idea how many days they will travel up to my neck of the woods before handing back or whatever it is they do?

Comment

Just a quick update, I received my text message yesterday to say that I had 24 hours to pay after breaking my agreement to pay. Nothing I could do as had no money to offer. Received a call from the removal agent this morning, I explained I had no money, he said that was fine but he could Jo longer hold off further action. I assume at this point I was supposed to break and find some money. Could not do this so I explained that I was unable to say when I could make any further payment other than my next pay date. He said that was fine, he would make a note on my account and the would attend at some point this evening. So, as I have described my home set up on here previously 8ft surrounding wall, yale key entry unless let in by one of us, I asked him what would happen if they could not get in and at least speak to me. He replied that this was OK, they would attend, further charges would be added and if they could not remove any items or speak to me they would go away and return at any point within 14 days, just that one further visit. At this point they would pass it back to council for them to take further action. I asked what action, he replied attachment of earnings is usual and they look to take the whole amount not part payments and as mine will about 900 at that point it could cause me some problems. I am guessing I was again being given chance to offer a payment because he then said that "if for whatever reason they were unable to attend today, the 14 day at any point visit was probable". I thanked him for being helpful throughout the whole process but unless I found money in the street, I would be unable to make a payment until payday. I pointed out that at no point was I refusing to pay, just that I was unable to make any payment of any kind until payday.
                            I have moved my car and the gates are locked as normal, I won't even know when or if he knocks. Just waiting now.
                            Thanks everyone for your help so far. Will update further at later date.

Comment

That went pretty much as expected. They realise they can not do much more themselves, and it leaves you holding all the aces.

Comment

Thanks, I kept a watchful eye all evening but no one ever turned in. Will continue the watching for a while and see what happens

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X