• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Training issue at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training issue at work

Hi,
    i work I'm the care industry and have done for 12 months. I started my first role in a clerical position and 4 months ago moved to a nursing assistant role. When I first started 12 months ago I completed my 2 day induction covering h&s, first aid and fire. when I moved to the nusrsing role I was told I would need an immunisation and that's all. I had 1/2 day shadowing another colleague in my new role. However last week 4 months in to my job I have caused myself an injury while moving a patient, I'm not absent from work but have reported the incident. Speaking to another assistant she asked if I had done my moving and handling for paitient, I said no as I didn't know I had to. What I am asking is am I to blame and will I get repremanded? Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Training issue at work

Sorry I am a new member here so not sure if I have posted in the correct section.

Comment

Re: Training issue at work

Hi Jzee81,
      Don't panic, luckily it sounds like you haven't done any major damage lifting so that's good. It is your employers responsibility to make sure you are trained in lifting. Was it part of the H&S induction? It may be that there is a staff handbook which provides information and which you should familiarise yourself with (if there is one).
      You've done the right thing reporting and hopefully your employer should pick up that you need some training. It would be sensible to approach them to see what training is available and suggest that you need the lifting and manual handling training (together with any other H&S training available) Manual handling and lifting should really be an annual event to refresh peoples minds, where your role involves moving heavy items or lifting.
      Check your staff handbook and speak to your employer about any options to undergo further (or initial) training.
      Glad you haven't hurt yourself too badly.
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X