• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Letter from Lowell Portfolio addressed to maiden name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Letter from Lowell Portfolio addressed to maiden name

I would enter your defence online if you can via MCOL and yes technically you should also send a copy to the solicitors but maybe you could do this by email ( possibly with a second class postage -proof of posting) as well

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      I would enter your defence online if you can via MCOL and yes technically you should also send a copy to the solicitors but maybe you could do this by email ( possibly with a second class postage -proof of posting) as well
      Sorry to be a pain. So, the CPR letter goes to both the court and Lowells?

Comment

CPR to the solicitors only Recorded delivery keep copy receipt with your copy of the request

Comment

Sorry I was confused (easy done) but you had been asking about your defence

Yes as Mike says CPR goes to solicitor

If not already sent CCA request to the claimant ( listed on the claim form)

SAR to the original creditor

Comment

Sorry I was confused (easy done) but you had been asking about your defence

Yes as Mike says CPR goes to solicitor

If not already sent CCA request to the claimant ( listed on the claim form)

SAR to the original creditor
            Thanks for the replies. I wasn't going to send a CCA as the only thing that it could be that is related to a Lloyd's account is an overdraft. Am I right in just sending the CPR?

Comment

Hi

Well looking at the claim form they say it was a regulated agreement and was defaulted which does suggest some form of loan or credit card

I personally would therefore send a CCA request but be generic and say this is a request under S77-79 CCA

It may be they haven't got a clue what the claim is actually for

I would also send the SAR

As always I am open to others opinions
              [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi

Well looking at the claim form they say it was a regulated agreement and was defaulted which does suggest some form of loan or credit card

I personally would therefore send a CCA request but be generic and say this is a request under S77-79 CCA

It may be they haven't got a clue what the claim is actually for

I would also send the SAR

As always I am open to others opinions
                [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION]
                Thank you so much, I'll get on it asap.

Comment

CCA Request

| SAR (Subject access request send to originator Recorded delivery attach receipt to copy of request and file.

Comment

There is always the possibility the account belongs to someone else with the same name as your wife and equally she may have forgotten something - 8 years is a long time. There is no start date on the claim form so they might try to reconstitute an agreement. Wouldn't it be funny if they did it either after you got married ( using her maiden name) or using her maiden name at your current address ( I assume there was a point when you did not live together)

Just as an example - in 2012 I sent prove it letters to all of my ex's creditors and some of then came back with reconstituted agreements giving her address then but with a date when I know she lived elsewhere when the account was opened - needless they were told to go do one and there was no money in the estate

Comment

Originally posted by chil View Post
                      we have no idea what this amount is for but we know that it must be over 7 years ago as that is when her name changed.
                      I worry that you are relying on the name change too much.

I'm not alone in that thought >

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                      the fact they are in your wife's maiden name is irrelevant
                      This claim is not against you it's against someone else (your wife) so it's difficult to give accurate advice without her involvement since you suggest that the account was opened and operative before you married.

Di

Comment

looking at the claim form they say it was a regulated agreement and was defaulted which does suggest some form of loan or credit card
                        Overdraft facilities which were renewed annually after 2012 (which they should have been) are regulated by s 78 CCA.

Di

Comment

I have done the CPR letter, could someone check it for me please?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Comment

And the CCA

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Imho I think that first one needs looking at.
                              Esp the underlined reference.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi

As Charity says the first one does need looking at as does the recipient

Cpr31.14 requests go to the solicitors named on the claim form

It is the S77-79 requests that go to the creditor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X