• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

power to the people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power to the people

Now some of you may know my feelings on the honours system and the fact that so many ‘stars’ who left the country when income tax was high or live their life avoiding tax get knighthood and other honours for so called ‘entertaining’. Others like the CEOs of charities get the royal pat on the head despite earning 6 figure salaries for doing a well-paid job. Now some do deserve it but there are others who may never get the recognition they deserve SOOOOO……I have attached this link which gives us the chance to nominate the people we think deserve these honours. Now I do not want to influence anyone’s decision but say for example people who set up organisations to help ordinary people survive and overcome some of their darkest hours or those who give their time tirelessly and anonymously to help those in desperate need without judging or condemning.
    Anyway, here is the link and it’s up to you
    https://www.gov.uk/honours/overview

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous
    Tags: None

Re: power to the people

NO FAIR you can't nominate groups!
    I wanted to nominate the firemen at the Grenfell Tower!

They need recognition so badly!!

Thanks for the link Hun, I know someone who needs a nomination for being incredible! Someone who has done more for the community here than anyone else I know and does it all on the quiet this my loves.. is going to be sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

I do feel angry when I see CEO’s of charities on big salaries getting these awards as they MUST have their salaries paid from donations before any donations trickle through those in need. They are usually recruited at ‘high flyer’ level and never got involved for ‘charitable’ reasons. There is also the …. erm…. self-styled saviour of the consumer who just seems to be spouting stuff that has already been a hot topic on here yet go to his website and except for a sickly promo photo there is little or no sign of him. Just a lot of people arguing the toss. And speaking of tossers - There are a lot of websites that say they help the ordinary person fight the big boys -many say it very loudly indeed yet none seem to offer the combination of practical help combined with compassion that one finds here. It is also a fact that LB’s don’t just know the law, they help to change it for the good of the people. Many people come on here after trawling through other sites where the comments /advice has ranged from aggressive to ridiculous and often results with the ‘victim’ deeper in the sticky stuff. Hey, I actually saw a sight that at first glance seems to offer legal advice but is just a place where disgruntled idiots can vent their spleen about another site! How mad is that!
      Anyway, like I say credit where it is due. I do not condone messing about with this, you know like nominating your dog or local nut job because he makes you smile but seriously remember those who really, selflessly make a difference to people’s lives. It doesn’t matter if they make a fortune out of it or not -I do not begrudge that -but people who started out just wanting to use their expertise and experiences to help others.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

the lady I have nominated runs a soup kitchen out of an old ice cream van in Sheffield.
        Wonderful lady
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X