• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Elderbridge settlement figures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderbridge settlement figures

Hello,
    I originally took a loan out with first plus in 2007 for 20k for 20 years, it was sold on to elderbridge last year, I have never missed a payment and never been in arrears, I requested my settlement figure and was given £17,100 my discharge fee is 60.00 but no other penalties, I can't find my original loan agreement with first plus but is this figure right? Surely if I am nearly half way through the term of the loan it should be a lot lower than that?
    i am racking my brain as I seem to remember a table of settlement figures from first plus, and it was lower the longer into the term?

any advice for me as feel this is s way too steep
    Tags: None

Re: Elderbridge settlement figures

To give £17K outstanding now if your loan started on 1st June 2007 (240 payments) it would mean a payment of £249 per month charged at at an interest rate of 17.5%...................you tell me which is correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      To give £17K outstanding now if your loan started on 1st June 2007 (240 payments) it would mean a payment of £249 per month charged at at an interest rate of 17.5%...................you tell me which is correct ?

Thanks for reply payments have been 175 per month and think the interest was around 9%

Comment

Originally posted by Beanzy26 View Post
        Thanks for reply payments have been 175 per month and think the interest was around 9%
        For £174.83 per month @ 8.6% after 120 payments (10 years) you would have £14040.59 left to pay....................

Comment

Can someone please help. I took a loan out with First Plus in 2003 for 50k. It has been transferred now to Elderbridge and I had a statement in January saying I owed £35197. I asked them for a settlement figure today and they've told me it's £35168. I am paying £567 with interest rate of 7.91%. I thought I would have been given a settlement figure of a lot less. Is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wendsear View Post
            Can someone please help. I took a loan out with First Plus in 2003 for 50k. It has been transferred now to Elderbridge and I had a statement in January saying I owed £35197. I asked them for a settlement figure today and they've told me it's £35168. I am paying £567 with interest rate of 7.91%. I thought I would have been given a settlement figure of a lot less. Is this right?
            Unusual, they do not normally give out statements, is this a second charge loan ?

Need to know how long for ?

Have you had any changes in rates, if so when & what did your loan start on ?

A settlement figure from these people may be loaded with extras & is a completely different fish than a statement, is it possible to post a redacted copy loan agreement please ?
            Last edited by Fred; 23rd February 2018, 21:23:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X