• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED *** County Court Claim: Lowell - JD Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I have grounds for defence? County Court Claim: Lowell - JD Williams

Thanks for your responses, that's a great help

I have a few more questions - On the Directions Questionnaire form it asks how many witnesses, including yourself, will give evidence. I noticed that Lowell wrote 0 in that box on their form for that question, so I am a bit confused as to whether I should put 0 or 1. Can someone please let me know what I need to put in that box?

Also at the top of the form there is a box where you have to put your name. Beneath the box it's got 'who is [1st] [2nd] [3rd] [ claimant defendant etc.
    Lowell put a line through all 1st, 2nd and 3rd on their form, so do I do the same, or am I the [1st] Defendant?

Do I need to send copies of the questionnaire to both Lowell and their Solicitors?

Thank you
    Last edited by Mustbekarma; 24th August 2017, 02:58:AM.

Comment

Lowell seem to always state "0" means nothing at this stage, as can send somebody at the last minute and do in most cases if they do not discontinue, so do not misread their intention, many of us find that out pretty quick.

you put "1" as you will attend!

Comment

Thanks Mike for your help. Do I leave the [1st] clear and just put a line through [2nd] [3rd] on the form? I would have thought I was the [1st] Defendant but just want to be sure. Thanks

Comment

defendant is 1

Comment

Hi again,

I sent the DQ back and served one on Lowells and I also sent one to their solicitors too, but the one I sent to Lowells was never signed for. I have now checked with Royal Mail and they are saying it has been lost in the post! Can anyone tell me if I should resend it even though it's going to be very late now, or if I just leave it will it have an effect on my case?

Thanks for any advice, it's much appreciated
            Last edited by Mustbekarma; 12th September 2017, 00:00:AM.

Comment

As the court and the solicitors received it you should be OK - does it say on the claim form that documents should be served on the solicitors or the claimants ( On my claim form it lists the solicitors as the address for sending documents or payments!)

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                As the court and the solicitors received it you should be OK - does it say on the claim form that documents should be served on the solicitors or the claimants ( On my claim form it lists the solicitors as the address for sending documents or payments!)
                Just looked at the claim form, and yes it does say to send documents to the Solicitors, so that's one less thing to worry about then Thanks

Comment

Hi again,

I've received the SARS data from JD Williams now. They haven't been able to send me a copy of any Agreement and no copy of any Default Notice. It basically says on one piece of data 'Credit Agreement Scanned Copy Not Available' and then on another referring to the Credit Agreement, there is a just a piece of paper stating 'No Details Available'. So I assume that does mean they definitely don't have a credit agreement. I am wondering if my next step should be to write to Lowell to bring it to their attention that JD Williams haven't been able to provide an Agreement and to say they don't have any legal right to pursue a case without an agreement? Please can someone tell me if that would be the right thing to do next, or should I just wait? As things currently stand, the case has been sent on to the court now for the judge to decide what happens next because wasn't in a position to go for mediation when they called me.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

Right now I would not say anything about it. If and when you have to write a witness statement , that may be the time to say you did not sign an agreement and maybe explain how the account was opened and then use the documents from the SAR to support your claim that nothing was signed.

Comment

Never let your right hand know what the left hand is doing my mam says to me... ����

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My case is resolved now as about a week or so after I received a letter from the court informing me that the case was set to be heard in January, I got a letter and notice this week from Lowell saying the case was DISCONTINUED. Really pleased with the outcome and a really BIG thank you to everyone that helped me with this

Comment

well done you can ring the court middle of next week to confirm they received the said notice

Comment

Great News, Congratulations
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X