• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council fine

Hello,

wonder if any one can help? Ive received a letter from my local council advising that ive got a fine for throwing out a cigerette butt out the window that was seen by a council officer. However the letter was dated 21st of may 2017 and the offence took place on the 08th june 2017. Ive phone them up and queried it they said the letter date was an error on their part. Ive asked if there was any cctv evidence and they said no but an council officer saw you and is willing to stand up in court for it if it went that far. The fine is only 50 quid however just need to know if it is enforceable fine considering the date is wrong on the letter. Any help would be much appricated. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Council fine

Bumped for help
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Re: Council fine

Sounds like they used the reg number to identify the keeper of the car. Have you asked them, as the registered keeper, if they know who was driving your car at the time, or alternatively ask for the legislation that allows them to prosecute the registered keeper.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X