• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

old cc debt come back to life!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old cc debt come back to life!

wife thinks i have sent cca request to them, if i have could chance i have the receipt of postage in box somewere
    will it help at all ?? ill have to search and its slim chance

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    This is only your directions questionnaire and not the case in court at all.

Mediation will take sometime after that to take place

Comment

If you have it will help and may explains why they have follow the progress so far.Get digging

Comment

ok will do, it will have been at least 2 years ago i sent it and got no reply,? ill start looking

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        If you have it will help and may explains why they have follow the progress so far.Get digging

Comment

I've had a quick read back and it seems you may need to file an Amended Defence at some point - more on that later.

I can also see that Warwick had advised you to send a s.77-79 CCA Request pronto. I would suggest that you send a CPR 31.14 Request to Howard Cohen solicitors too. This forum has a template letter for that.

Di

Comment

Thanks ,
            Just at work at mo with cca letter to post, i will post other one tonight before po shuts
            do i need to find a form to amend my defence,

Thankyou

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            I've had a quick read back and it seems you may need to file an Amended Defence at some point - more on that later.

I can also see that Warwick had advised you to send a s.77-79 CCA Request pronto. I would suggest that you send a CPR 31.14 Request to Howard Cohen solicitors too. This forum has a template letter for that.

Di

Comment

I can't really add much more than has already been stated by the good folk above.

Definitely yes, a CCA s78 request is vital. Even if you have made a previous one, send another asap.

& complete & return the DQ by the court deadline. To dot 'i's & cross 't's, a copy should be sent to the other party.
              (I would suggest ticking 'yes' to mediation; it is unlikely that it will go ahead, due to the other party's non-disclosure of documentation).
              You could include a line in it, respectfully requesting the court to order disclosure & attaching a draft order.

The big 'plus' is that this is for a 1997 agreement, so the original CCA 1974 applies, in particular s127.3.

Given that this is a £10k dispute, it may well be worth seeking professional advice at least, & possibly representation.
              I believe that some firms offer a reduced rate advice/handholding-type service for Small Claims cases.
              As [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] () has stated, you may need to consider an amended defence, depending on what you've previously filed.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

CCA Request

Comment

Both sent today by special delivery in work
                  Thank you
                  Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

Comment

Thanks Diana both have been sent by special delivery in work today
                    i have till 10th to send letter back should i hold on and special delivery it couple of days before ?

Should i tick both boxes on the form ? 1. says agree to be flexible and listen etc...
                    2. says i have enough information about the claim ? should i tick this even though they have never sent me any requested documents.

Di

Comment

Thanks Diana both have been sent by special delivery in work today
                      i have till 10th to send letter back should i hold on and special delivery it couple of days before ?

Should i tick both boxes on the form ? 1. says agree to be flexible and listen etc...
                      2. says i have enough information about the claim ? should i tick this even though they have never sent me any requested documents.

Di

Comment

Thank for helping so far everyone

So should i get the court form sent back asap or hang on till few days before the date they want it back 10th july ?

agree to mediation and fast track

Amend defense ? not got a clue how to go about that ? what would i put along the lines of have been requesting proof of alleged debt etc.. and never had a response ?

wife thinks i have cca them before and recieved no reply but i can not find proof of postage etc.. it would hasve been about 2 years ago.

Whats next after i put form in wait and see if i get any replys ?

Thanks

Comment

I would say NO to fast track because of cost implications.
                          [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi, update yesterday.

so i sent the 2 requests off, one which was cca with £1 postal order,
                            i received this letter saying thanks for payment and the amount owing has been updated ??

[IMG] upload your pictures[/IMG]

Comment

its also a diiferent debt collector name on letter ?

Comment

Now that is seriously taking the pi$$.

RW are the 'servicers' for their parent company, Hoist Finance.

Did you get proof of posting for your CCA request?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X