• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Iceland Parking Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iceland Parking Charge

Parking co PCNs are being successfully challenged regularly for all kinds of reasons & at all levels, including the Civil Courts.
    If it were me I'd be looking at all the potential options before throwing in the towel.
    Other folks would prefer to just pay it & forget it.
    Your choice.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I will challenge it just not sure what I am doing to be honest don't feel like I know what I am talking about and have enough knowledge to stand my ground and I really don't want to make myself look stupid by not knowing what I am talking about although you have given me loads of advice just not feeling confident in myself!

Comment

Ok

First thing to do is see if the manager can help.
        You should receive a Notice to keeper no earlier than the 29th day after the parking event, no later than the 56th day.
        If is outside of this timescale it is defective.
        The wording is also important, as is the signage wording.
        There should also be a link (in the NTK letter) to a viewing of any photos taken by the Excel bod.
        Post up whatever you can, obscuring personal details but leaving dates visible.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Right the date I was parked in Iceland was 16/5/17 and the letter to the rk was posted on the 23/5/17 so that was only 7days so does this make it defective? I will go into the shop with all documents and have a word but I'm hoping that by emailing the head office they will do something? There is no link in the ntk letter to view pictures! Would you like me to post the letters on here so u can have a quick scan over them?

Comment

Have received a reply from Iceland and have told me that they can't help me because I knowingly never purchased a parking ticket! Therefore they have told me I have to deal with the parking company! So they where no bloody help what so ever!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X