• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fines from MET, DRP and Zenith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Fines from MET, DRP and Zenith

Hi all, looking for some advice please regarding a parking issue.

I am a member of Pure Gym which shares a car park with Dreams Beds.

About a month or so ago I recieved a letter from DRP stating I was being pursued for non payment of a PCN from MET Parking. It gave me no details of my offence just Unauthurised Parking.

I moved house in August and I think the original notice probably went there. I have changed address for my driving License but not the vehicle registration, I think DRP got my info from the DVLA after i changed the address on my license. The date of the offence was February. I received more letters and another from Zenith which I know is the same company. I have ignored all correspondence and will continue to do so.

I have since received another letter from DRP with another offence on from March, Unauthorised Parking again.

The car park is extremely busy with people frequently having to park outside on the pavement and outside of designated spaces. There are also certain bays dotted around the car park with a small unlit sign saying that they are for dreams customers only. I may have parked in one of these or outside of a space but not blocking anyone in or stopping them from parking.

Obviously the letters are getting more threatening and mentioning court action if I do not pay.

I'm wondering whether it's worth appealing them with MET or just ignore until I get court papers?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, I wasn't too worried until I got the second one but now I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone down the appeals route?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Fines from MET, DRP and Zenith

Get on to the Gym and complain. See if you can get them to cancel.

Comment

Already spoken to the gym and they say they don't own the land and MET are instructed by the land owner so it's nothing to do with them.

Comment

The DVLA do not give out details from Driving Licenses. DRP you can safely ignore as if it goes to court then they do not get paid. However you should write to MET stating that you have not received any correspondence from them at this address about the alleged unauthorised parking being chased by DRP and therefore they cannot hold you, the keeper, liable for the transgression. as they have not complied with the requirements of POFA Schedule 4 You do not expect to hear from them again.

Comment

Were these ANPR-type situations, or did you get windscreen tickets?
          Do you have the original Notices to Keeper?
          If so, could you post them up? (Obscure personal info, but leave the dates & wording of the notices visible).
          Also pictures of site signage, please.

X-posts with [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION]
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I was going to edit but charity got in. I believe MET have form for not issuing a Notice to Keeper hoping to frighten the keeper and also bump up the charge to include debt collection. As DRP etc are involved then it must already be at the (ghost) Notice to Keeper stage.

Have a good look at the feint writing at the the bottom of the Zenith letters. They are the next desk in the DRP office.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              I was going to edit but charity got in.
              Lol!

It has been said that I can quickly slip under a closed door without even having to remove my top hat!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I never got a ticket on my car so I assume it was ANPR. The car is registered to a previous address so they may have sent something there but I have never received any correspondence from MET at my current address, the first I heard of this was DRP sending me the standard letter saying I hadn't replied and they wanted to recover the debt. They mentioned that the DVLA had the wrong address and reminded me that there was a £1000 fine for not having the correct address registered! I have these now for 2 separate occasions.

Comment

I hope you have notified the DVLA that your car has moved address. Do not worry about DRP ! So what do the signs look like (though I think there is another case on Pepipoo at the same spot) Lets have a link to Google Maps at the location.

Get that letter sent out to MET so that they know where to find you and can't go for a CCJ using the other address.

Comment

At this moment in time I can't find the log book as I'm part-exing the car currently and when I looked last night I couldn't even find it, I will search for it again tonight when I get home from work.

This is the google maps link https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.019979,-2...3312!8i6656

Because I never received anything from MET I'm not sure what the actual offence is. I may have parked in the bays for Dreams customers only or I may have parked outside of a bay if the car park was full. There are often times when the gym is busy and people park along the front of the bays on the right hand side where you see the dark BMW, red people carrier and two vans. I've done that a few times also. Pretty much every time I go there are people parked there as it's a very busy gym, also the pavement outside is usually all full of cars.

Comment

I believe you can change registration address on line (but that may need a physical V5 in hand).

In that letter to meant complaining about the non receipt of the NTK suggest that they provide a copy.

Comment

So you think I should write to MET complaining about not receiving an NTK even though it's my fault for not registering my car at my new address?

Do you think I should attempt to say they have not complied with the requirements of POFA Schedule 4 and therefore can't hold me responsible?

Comment

They have your address now so tell them that the NTK has not been received within the required period therefore you as the keeper, cannot be held liable under POFA. They have gone straight to debt collection activities and therefore do have details of your address. Although you do not admit liability because of their failings if they feel it helps then please send a copy of the disputed NTK.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll send them a letter. Would something simple such as this be appropriate?

I have recently received letters from a debt collection agency regarding "unauthorised parking" at Pure Gym, Stoke on Trent North. I have never received any correspondence from MET at my address and was only made aware of this when the debt recovery agency wrote to me. I have never received a Notice To Keeper and therefore you (MET) have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA Schedule and cannot hold me responsible for this alleged infringement.
                            I do not expect to receive any further correspondence from MET, DRP or any other debt collection agencies.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to check the wording of the letters from DRP, could they be classed as a NTK or does it have to be from MET?

Comment

The letter from DRP will be referring to the initial letters from MET so the NTK would have to be from MET.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X