• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Driving Licence Summary Check - revealed MS90 Motoring Offence/6 points & fine o/s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Licence Summary Check - revealed MS90 Motoring Offence/6 points & fine o/s?

Need Urgent Advice please?:-

Approx 2 months ago, I took out Comprehensive Insurance, which is paid in monthly instalments.

About a week ago, I received a letter from the Insurers Validation Unit, requesting specific Documents and information - to validate policy etc.

This is included a copy of both sides of my driving licence, copy of all 4 pages of V5 Document, proof of no claims discount/from previous insurers and also a Driving licence Summary Check via DVLA website.

The Licence Summary Check,revealed that on 23 February 2016, a Motoring Offence was recorded against me, MS90 - which had resulted in 6 points on my licence and a £600 fine?
    The description states: Failure to give information as to identity of driver etc?

This was a total surprise to me - as I had no knowledge of this at all??

The Insurance Company have now declined to validate my policy, in light of this offence and have notified me that the Policy is to be cancelled from 26 June 2017 - which will cause me much hardship and a great deal of inconvenience.

Can anybody advise me please, (1) how I can address this, contact source ?? (2) if there is anything I can do to have matter re-assessed/temp removed whilst under investigation / re-assessment??

If I have any hope of 'saving the day' having my insurance reinstated, I would need to show that this is either permanently or temporarily being removed - pending further investigation.

So time is of the essence - any urgent feedback will be greatly appreciated!?????

thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Driving Licence Summary Check - revealed MS90 Motoring Offence/6 points & fine o/

Have you been chased for the fine? and was your licence registered at the correct address when this went to court?

Comment

Re: Driving Licence Summary Check - revealed MS90 Motoring Offence/6 points & fine o/

I have not received anything at all, in relation to this - as I mentioned, it had only been owing to a recent Insurance Policy I had taken out, I was required to do a driving licence summary check via DVLA website. It was on accessing this, that the motoring conviction/ points & fine was brought to my attention?

Thanks

Comment

You have to contact the court that found against you if unknown the DVLA may help if you are pulled up by the Police they may have a warrant out on you , which creates more problems others on LB should be able to help

Comment

When did you last change address?

Comment

Unfortunately, the Driving Licence Summary Check, states: Court Fixed Penalty Office:- 2105: Name Unavailable? Which is not helpful.
            I have sent an email to DVLA, requesting further information/ name of issuing Court.
            However, I had hoped I might be able to address the Courts about this somehow tomorrow - in the hope of being able to establish the source/ origin of offence and challenge as appropriate?
            If this not sorted out by midnight tomorrow (26/06/2017) - my insurance will be cancelled! I had hoped I could somehow have it re-investigated /so I may challenge accordingly?
            eg: if it had been a parking ticket originally (which I obviously dont know, a somewhat ambiguous/vague?) I could go to Court and file an out of time statutory declaration - so it would effectively, return to source and allow me to pay / challenge pcn?
            I was hoping something similar in this instance - without knowing the nature of the offence/ or issuing Court?
            Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have been at the same address for approx last 10 years - so there can be no mix up in that respect?
            thank you
            Nadia

- - - Updated - - -

No change of address, approx 10 years?
            thanks

Comment

You don't get points for a parking ticket

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X