• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye PCN £100 Disabled Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ParkingEye PCN £100 Disabled Driver

Dear Sirs
    I have tried to contact you by telephone but after 30 minutes of waiting for an answer I gave up.
    We have received a PCN for our "welcome break" at your services on the west bound M4.
    We were on our way to Hereford from Surrey , a 160 miles.
    We were towing a tourer caravan.
    We both have long term chronic illnesses. We take a lot of time to plan our journey and figure into our schedule a long rest break as one of us is a stroke survivor with heart disease. Rest is a must after taking medication.
    We are both blue badge holders.
    There are no Disabled Bays available to park whilst with a tourer attached.
    As there are confusing unclear signs for caravan parking , we paying attention to safety first.
    We stopped , got the dogs out for a wee, got sandwiches, had lunch in the caravan,my husband took his medication, laid down for a sleep, as did I . We woke , cleared up and continued our journey, safely.
    We have received a PCN for £100 , (dated 16/06/2017 . reference number *****/560011) for the privilege of taking a break, using your services, and doing what is required for long journeys, rest break, as I am sure you are aware , tiredness can kill. I note from the PCN we overstayed by 48 minutes. You have apparently signs stating 2 hours free parking? We didnt see them , we were too busy looking for a safe place to park and the services were manic that day.
    For many travelers, in particular, those with disabilities and chronic illnesses, who have passed strict DVLA medicals to allow them to drive and remain independent , require more than just 120 minutes to take a "welcome break", on long journeys. If , on this occasion, we had continued after 2 hours, we potentially would have endangered ourselves and other road users.
    We will be appealing this punitive PCN, but request your Company contact Parking Eye and cancel this PCN immediately, on our behalf, please.
    I look forward to your prompt reply . You may leave a message and a direct contact number of the named site manager.
    Regards......
    Attached Files

Comment

HI

We received our second PCN for the welcome break at lambourne .
      I have not appealed.
      But I did send message via the welcome break web page , to date I have not had a reply back. what now?
      I did upload PCN , have to seen them please let me know.

i keep losing this thread , how do I save the thread , i am going into my gmail and clicking the thread , is there a easier way please?

thanx in advance . raindaisy

Comment

Hi I am unable to any response from the site manager of the services, please where is the link to appeal this charge? getting anxious of it now. tY

Comment

Hello peeps ,

I have emailed the welcome break parking email address , three times now, no reply .
          Please anyone ? got any suggestions? how do i appeal this fine ?

thank you in advance.

Comment

You should appeal the PCN, do not name the driver, but expect a rejection!
            Use wording similar to your letters to welcome break, but do not name driver
            At which point you will get a POPLA code

That right @charitynjw?

Comment

i keep losing this thread , how do I save the thread , i am going into my gmail and clicking the thread , is there a easier way please?
              If you go to the top of the page, Click on 'My Profile'
              Once into your profile you should see, on the left-hand-side, links for your threads & posts.

You can also subscribe to the thread (in light blue bar just above the top post of this thread....click on Thread Tools)
              Subsequently, click on 'Quick Links' (light blue bar just under the Legal Beagles logo, top of the page) to access your subscribed threads.

Now that I've posted this, admin will probably change everything to green & yellow.
              Admin are like that!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                You should appeal the PCN, do not name the driver, but expect a rejection!
                Use wording similar to your letters to welcome break, but do not name driver
                At which point you will get a POPLA code

That right @charitynjw?
                Morning, Des.

Yes, normally 28 days allowed to 'soft appeal' via the parking co.
                Details of how to do so is usually on the Notice to Keeper.
                .....but do not name driver
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi ,

I have just gone on to parkingeye website to appeal .

entered our details and the Status says "cancelled" ??

so as "brexit means brexit"..does "cancelled" ..mean ..."cancelled" ? ie: no payment due?

Parking Charge Reference002645/Vehicle Registration NumberGJContravention Date/Time07/06/2017 15:20:00Contravention LocationWelcome Break Membury-Lambourne (West)Location AddressM4 Jct 14/15, Membury, Lambourne, Hungerford, Berks, RG17 7TZStatusCancelled
                  thanks in advance

Comment

Go on again and take a screen print of that page to keep for future reference just in case they change their mind.

Comment

Unless you are misreading something, it would seem that Welcome break have listened to you, even if they did not acknowledge directly.
                      As [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] says take screen shot as evidence, and why not a brief thank you to them for being sympathetic so they will know you have seen it and won't be able to change their minds! lol

Comment

PE are usually very good with paperwork, etc, so it might have been a tough one to fight.
                        Well done.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X