• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye PCN £100 Disabled Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParkingEye PCN £100 Disabled Driver

Hi

Myself and OH stopped at wecomebreak as we needed to rest totally before going on with a long journey. We were towing a caravan. we parking had unch and OH had a rest as he had taken his medication, which he did go to sleep . at the time we didnt need to enter the services and buy anything.

Unfortunately as we drove out i notice "2 hours free parking", i wasnt able to pull over safely and check the time we came in and out and go to pay meter without causing a obstruction with everyone queing to get out onto the motoway.

We got a PCN for £100 48 minutes over the time! Both of us in the car are Blue Badge holders, and wrongly the assumption we had full 3 hours parking . Ive tried to see on thier website if there was any exemption for 3 hours parking but cant find anything .

Please sign post me to what next as i want to appeal against this ridiculous fine!! £100 for 48 minutes parking?!!

thanks in advance !

raindaisy.
    Tags: None

Re: ParkingEye PCN £100 Disabled Driver

Think this one needs bumping up.

Comment

Contact Welcome Break and point out that you were both BB holders, didn't see the signs on entry and needed the extra rest time because of your disabilities. Would they therefore cancel.

Comment

Hi raindaisy

I'm presuming this was via ANPR or similar, otherwise you would have had a ticket slapped on your windscreen.
        Could you post up a picture of the first Notice to Keeper that you received in the mail? (Obscure personal details but leave all dates visible)

Normally we would ask for photos of the site signage, but I suspect this would be difficult for you.
        It might help if we knew where this dastardly act took place (ie, which particular Welcome Break)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charitynjw

The place was Lambourne (west ) on the M4 . there were plenty of large signs for lorries drivers , but when you are looking for a place to park with car + tourer, I was more focused on that the signs for caravan parking , which were are rubbish! Like I say , we didnt have to go in services , so stayed with car and tourer. How do I attach the scanned document ?

Comment

This sign? http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-sig...139313014.html

Our @Kati can help if you're having problems uploading.

I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
            kati@legalbeagles.info
            But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

its very big . didnt see that ! there were no disabled parking bays with a caravan attached! i will email Kati. i have the photos on my computer now , but when i click "image" it asks URL ? sorry way over my head!

raindaisy

Comment

Originally posted by raindaisy View Post
                its very big . didnt see that ! there were no disabled parking bays with a caravan attached! i will email Kati. i have the photos on my computer now , but when i click "image" it asks URL ? sorry way over my head!

raindaisy
                If you click on 'Go Advanced' (under the 'Quick Reply' box), you will then get a 'paperclip' option whereby you can then upload your computer files.
                (That sounds like a very confident statement
                From me.
                Who still thinks that the abacus is cutting-edge!)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	my HTC phone 414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1174661

Comment

here is what is on the back of the PCN. Click image for larger version

Name:	my HTC phone 415.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1174662

Comment

Could you post up the whole of the letter? (Personal details obscured).
                      (I've just had an appeal win due to the wording of the letter being non-compliant)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If op did not alight from their vehicle this sign would not have been seen as it is by the entrance to the restaurants/shops etc.
                        From what I recall of many years travelling the M4 there is (or was) virtually no parking signage in the caravan parking area, so if you did not ge out of car you might easily have missed the signs.
                        Don't the signs have to be brought to the attention of the driver.. I forget what the case was!
                        If you can't get there tocheck out the positioning of the signs I wonder if there is anyone on here who can help.
                        I'm too far west to be of help... sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          [/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]

If op did not alight from their vehicle this sign would not have been seen as it is by the entrance to the restaurants/shops etc.
                          From what I recall of many years travelling the M4 there is (or was) virtually no parking signage in the caravan parking area, so if you did not ge out of car you might easily have missed the signs.
                          Don't the signs have to be brought to the attention of the driver.. I forget what the case was!
                          If you can't get there tocheck out the positioning of the signs I wonder if there is anyone on here who can help.
                          I'm too far west to be of help... sorry.
                          .......& I'm too far east.
                          Another reason why signs can be missed is that they may be obscured by large vehicles, although that might be harder to argue if you have parked for a considerable length of time.
                          I'm reasonably confident that the issue of prominent signage would have been featured in ParkingEye v Beavis. I must confess that I have not closely studied the full judgment. At (I believe) 57,000 words, I thought I might take it with me on my hols (instead of the usual bodice-ripper!).

But per @ostell's suggestion, first port of call in any 'retail car park' situation is to contact the 'shop' management.
                          It might just work!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking (1971) was what I was thinking of.
                            Marvellous what comes back to mind in the middle of the night!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking (1971) was what I was thinking of.
                              Good call.
                              Marvellous what comes back to mind in the middle of the night!
                              Lol! I won't ask!
                              ####
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X