• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Terminate PCP with RCI Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Terminate PCP with RCI Finance

HI,
    I have a 4 year PCP with RCI Finance which I have 2 more payments to make before I can VT (Sept 2017). I have excess mileage of around 25000 which would currently equate to about £2.5k. My contract mileage is 5k per year. This is my second PCP with them and the first one was fine even though I did double the mileage (Same 5k allowance), that deal didn't land me in negative equity. They knew that I did at least 10k miles per year This new deal I am about £2.5 k negative equity at the moment. When I went in to the car dealer to discuss, they said they wouldn't sell me this deal now, so their selling practices have changed but are:
    they couldn't offer me a solution.
    The one thing I think has made a difference this time is the APR which is 10.39% which I didn't see at the time they showed me the figures but I did see later on when I signed to pick up the car. Car = £12,700. Interest = £3900.
    My Options:
    1) Carry on paying and buy the car for £6300 in July (currently worth about £5500 due 56k Mileage.
    2) Hand the car back at the end and pay the negative equity of about £2.5k
    3) VT in a few months time without paying the excess mileage charges.

The customer written summary does state: when the agreement ends (for whatever reason) you will be responsible for any excess mileage charges.

Can this be enforced?

There is no Voluntary Termination section that I can see, but i think i have to phone them if I want to do that.

Last year there was a mis-sold PCP kicking off but that's gone all quiet now. I was mis-sold this as they said they wouldn't sell me this again with that mileage.....

Many Thanks for any help.

Simon
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X